Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips: For Those who Edit LoL Files

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temper Wolf

02-02-2010

Now if you're like me; you like to fool around with the League of Legends game and client to make it a truly pleasurable experience. Which means, I change a lot of things: Graphics, Sound Effects, Menus, Skins on Heroes, etc. This allows me to enjoy the game a lot more, making it more like the game -I- want it to be.

Since the developers of League of Legends left several of their files open for very easy editing, I don't see why this should be a problem. But it is in the eyes of the patcher. If you change anything, it throws a big wrench into the clockwork and it will cause errors. So instead of just backing up one or two files you decide to change -- you may want to consider the following:

1. Make a backup of the entire League of Legends folder found inside the Riot file. I do this so I don't have to redownload and reinstall everything when the patcher refuses to go through smoothly. Since I edit to many files, I can't keep track of them all.

2. Keep a record and backup files of the edited files you want to replace and switch out after each patch. I keep a nice file which allows me to just drag & drop old settings into currently set up folders. This doesn't hinder the game after a patch is complete.

So if you're having patch problems, see if following these tips can make your life easier.