[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reulon

04-16-2011

I unlocked the camera at lvl 1 its still unlocked i can't play with locked go me xD

MikeTGW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenfrot View Post
The problem with "both colors starting on the same side" IE: both run north to the other nexus. It's pretty simple. The map is NOT symmetrical, therefore players cannot run to the same targets the same way. There are different paths depending on what side u are on. How can u explain the enemy team running to Barron through a wall? You would have the change the map entirely. and That would change game play. Then more Q.Q.

Just my 2 cents. I would like a fix to this though. I vote for more zoom out.
Both teams starting on the same side has nothing to do with the symmetry of the map. It just means that players on blue would start with their map view rotated.

In other words: I can walk from the southwest corner of a room to the northeast corner, by moving forward and to the right. I can also walk from the northeast corner to the southwest corner by moving forward and right. The entire world doesnt have to be in perfect symmetry in order for me to achieve this tremendous feat. I simply turned around (rotated my view of the room).

ZekThePenguin

04-19-2011

I was just talking about this very thing. It's a bit harder to be purple ESPECIALLY fighting ranged characters who can shoot and you don't even SEE them because they're behind the HUD. This is a BIG problem that gives an unfair advantage to blue! I don't think the HUD should be part of the gamescreen at all. Have the game screen all by itself and have the HUD on any side you pick because then we'd be able to see. However, cutting the South short because of the HUD is unacceptable. Don't make it part of the gameplay screen, or at least make it smaller and part of a border that affects all sides of the screen.

skinnerz

04-20-2011

you do realize that even though the viewpoint is at a fixed angle, it doesn't mean they can "see" down to the metaphorical vanishing point right? because the fog of war shuts down vision after a certain range effectively blanketing all vision at an upward vertical plane.

Bardibominable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2011

Good post, this was something ive always thought about, now I know its not just me.
Top 1v1 lane also gets ****ed by the red buff jungle early too. Bottom 2v2 lane there is a better chance of a failed red buff gank on bot because its easier to escape a 3v2 red buff gank then a 2v1 red buff gank in general. Also the position of Baron and Dragon will give different advantages/disadvantages depending on what which team you are.

deathtree

Recruiter

04-21-2011

they should make it so you can zoom out further.

Kylemaule

04-21-2011

I'm surprised no one has mentioned (noticed?) that the centering of your champion in the the white rectangle on the minimap is ALWAYS set for blue. About made me piss my pants laughing at this basic map variable oversight. The default camera locked view for purple is the exact same as blue's, as if purple were trying to push up and right. Riot needs some work in their QA department.

Amariithynar

04-22-2011

While I agree with the issue, I disagree about not wanting to unlock the camera. Plain and simple bottom left is easier to deal with over upper right. It can be disorienting.

Spiritbx

04-24-2011

why not just make a 5v5 twisted treeline? with 3 lanes... OMGWTFBBQ

at the worst, lead team fights to jungle, that ways there isnt a blue or purp side

Jimmie Rustled

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemaule View Post
i'm surprised no one has mentioned (noticed?) that the centering of your champion in the the white rectangle on the minimap is always set for blue. About made me piss my pants laughing at this basic map variable oversight. The default camera locked view for purple is the exact same as blue's, as if purple were trying to push up and right. Riot needs some work in their qa department.
+9000