[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr rAndOm

04-02-2011

As long as they r not in ur skills' range.. It doesn't matter.

As a skilled player..( obv Im not pro level), u will learn to watch ur mini map.

So it actually doesnt matter that how much u can see from ur main screen... because opponents

are still out of ur skills' range.

Learn to watch mini map.. :/ It will really help u a lot...

Neefers

04-04-2011

i will also agree with this topic, I avoid playing ranged champions when my team has first pick in ranked games (usually means purple side) because it is a huge disadvantage. I also have my hud size reduced 50% and it still is an issue. There have been several good fixes posted, this is something that should be adressed.

Spy7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2011

I agree.
With locked or unlocked camera, blue has a big advantage.

The Camel Rider

04-05-2011

I came here to post the exact same topic. Seems that someone else beat me to it, and a ton of people agree.

What would be so difficult to give us the option to flip the map, so that baron is Bot, and dragon is Top?

I understand how it could be confusing... If one person didnt flip, and says bot, everyone else is thinking top... but thats not really that big of an issue is it?

WWWilliam

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEFNEFFNEEFNEFF View Post
i will also agree with this topic, I avoid playing ranged champions when my team has first pick in ranked games (usually means purple side) because it is a huge disadvantage. I also have my hud size reduced 50% and it still is an issue. There have been several good fixes posted, this is something that should be adressed.
I found out that you can see which team you are by top corner about your teams champions (top left or right corner) it says "Your team" in either purple or blue. So you can be ranged champions more without risk.

But it still is a issue and riot has posted in other threads while this thread has been on front page and is a fairly large thread for this section of the forum so I've got my fingers crossed riot has read this and doing something about it.

ScotttheStorm

04-08-2011

Bump for great justice.

I was just discussing this with my roommates the other day. It was a huge thing I hated about DotA and it's a huge thing I hate about LoL. Feels like a huge over site on Riot's part not to at least re-orient the map to make mid a flat, horizontal plane. I feel no disadvantage either way I come from on TT, but I HATE playing purple team in 5's.

Fac ut Vivas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

Okay, here's a suggestion, I don't know if it's been made before, but basically, give us an easy button to hide the HUD and minimap.

I mean, I've already used Riot's handy options to scale the HUD down, and hide the centre wall, but the minimap just doesn't scale, and I can't really scale my HUD all the way down, because I still want it to be usable, so perhaps those wonderful folk at Riot might consider allowing us to hide the actual HUD trimmings (Or whatever you want to call them, the section that is skinned to look like it's a panel) and leave the actual statistics and info and hp bars intact, or possibly even allow us to make it all transparent.
Also, a separate button to temporarily scale down, or toggle the minimap would be useful.

Sorry if this has been said before, ily a trilly yall.

WWWilliam

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotttheStorm View Post
Bump for great justice.

I was just discussing this with my roommates the other day. It was a huge thing I hated about DotA and it's a huge thing I hate about LoL. Feels like a huge over site on Riot's part not to at least re-orient the map to make mid a flat, horizontal plane. I feel no disadvantage either way I come from on TT, but I HATE playing purple team in 5's.
Yep, I dunno if there planning to do anything about summoners rift but I hope they make magma chambers mid lane horizontal! They wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

Jonii3

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonline View Post
A rotating screen sounds easy, but it's a whole lot more difficult than you would think.

LoL is a 2D game, a rotating camera requires a 3D game.

What's the difference?

Right now champions are essentially flat entities, their skeletons and skins only extend as far as the camera can see. making the game 3D would mean that everything would have to be completely re-made, a lot of work, especially considering we get a new champ every 2 weeks.
Sorry if someone said something already, I didn't see it when I was reading.

I'm sorry to correct you, but LoL is NOT a 2D game. Although I thought so at first as well, it definitely isn't. Try placing a wall with a flower on the other side of it up at the top of your viewpoint. Now move the camera so that wall is at the bottom of the screen. The amount of that flower that you can see has changed. Also, things like towers have the same effect. Although it looks like it at times, LoL is a 3D game.
Also, another way to tell is skinning. If you have ever seen what goes into making a custom skin, you can literally unwrap the texture from the 3d model.
Unlocking the camera is still a very valid idea that could work, but there is still a simpler solution. Again, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but SPACEBAR.
Holding down the spacebar holds the camera as locked until you let go. I use this probably 80% of the time, and simply let up on it to pan around or fire a skillshot. Not totally optimal but it works well, and is good for transitioning into leaving the camera unlocked.

Joeofpoker

04-15-2011

Solution: in the future graphics updates, perhaps include an option that allows you to "flip the map" so to speak.