Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exarion

03-22-2011

wait wait wait..... people play this game withOUT unlocking their camera?? No WONDER so many people are bad at this game!

jawarrior1

03-23-2011

This point of unbalanaced views was my first thought when i played this game a month ago. i hate being purple that;s why i always take off my skin for the display on bottom. Also now that it is brought up almost all of my losses were in purple. Interesting point. Riot please make a statistical analysis of this and plz take it very seriously.

Diamondragan

03-23-2011

I feel like a noob...I just posted something like this.

+1 BROTHER!

Althalin

03-23-2011

Wow... There's a lot of hate on people who play with locked cameras.

I agree wholeheartedly with the opinion that, regardless of which side you start on, you shouldn't feel like you're at a disadvantage of view. Or, for that matter, like you need to have your camera unlocked.

I also agree that it wouldn't be an easy fix if Riot decided to do anything about this, as the fact that LoL is a 2D game, and that there is no perfect symmetry on the map, would make it difficult to find a working solution. As likely as any, Riot (and I by no means intend to hate on them) will simply say "Yeah, it was a design flaw, but skilled players can make up for it." - as they are wont to do.

Flodoard

03-23-2011

I like your point. I would probably not have noticed, but in all fairness, I use the camera control option and I only play on a laptop touchpad. And I do just fine, so I kind of have a hard time sympathizing.
But I totally agree, LoL is a game in which attention to detail really will grab you the win, and you definitely payed attention lol

Quote:
WWWilliam:
You know how in Summoners Rift you can either spawn on Blue side(bottom left) or Purple side(top right) 50% chance on which side you spawn on. Doesn't sound to bad does it?

Well it is very bad indeed, you may be thinking "troll" ":O! really?" but i will explain my point.

Strait to point:Blue side has a HUGE! advantage, I'm not sure on technical term but I'll call it your HLOS(HUD's line of sight) when playing your see your champion in a overhead view following your champion. But it's not perfectly over head meaning your not looking directly above your champion strait down on top of his head the view is tilted lets say 30degrees south.(that's not problem games rarely have direct over head HLOS)
BUT This means in game in your HLOS you can see further north and less south.

So Blue side spawns in bottom left so every thing it needs to see and go towards is mostly north and the angle of the HLOS means Blue team can see far north and prepare plan be aware of whats there.
On the other hand:Purple spawns on Top right side meaning most of the things they are going towards and needs to see is south and the angle of the HLOS at 30degrees south giving further view north and less view south means Purple team CANNOT see whats coming whats there what they are doing or do things in that direction.

See what I mean?

Purple side is at a huge disadvantage sure it might seem insignificant to some people but I think LOL is a game that pays a lot of detail to the details like Champions fairness and capability's.

So many games I've lost of purple team I believe because of this "insignificant detail" not as obvious as if purple team has poison on them the hole game losing 5hp/5sec. But Worse and less obvious.
Every battle every champion fight purple side cannot see as far as blue team towards the enemy's side. Less prepared less aware less capable to counter less confident to attack etc.

Don't believe me? I like playing as Blitzcrank and using his grab to pull someone close is one of his main moves and to do that i need to see where I'm grabbing its very difficult to grab someone especially around minions and a lot of time i have to rely on peoples underestimating the range on Rocket Grab(because no one stands near Blitz) so I have to use ALL of the range on it to get someone often. On Purple side your at a HUGE disadvantage!! Stand in a vertical part of a lane(that's where this HLOS problem is most predominant) Aim your rocket grab so you can see the arrow where it will reach move the arrow pointing north you can see the HOLE length of the arrow meaning you can grab someone and maneuver though minions and get a good angle and use full range of grab, Move the arrow so its pointing south you can only see HALF!! OF THE ARROW! meaning you can only rely on using against someone right next to you whats the point of grabbing someone next to you? other wise its a shot in the dark.
Sure you can unequip the HLOS from your champion (which I am forced to do often) it gives you more awareness but gives you anther thing to pay attention to: camera control so many times I've died caus acidently moved camera to far when trying to do spell at max range and way more complex in tense situation trying to survive and kill do everything while controlling your camera just because your purple side.

If you don't have Blitzcrank try it on any champion with any spell has fair range see how much of he north side of the spells range is visible compared to the south side.
That's why i feel like so many games I've lost on purple side because of side of team because have essentially less range and LOS on purple side.

Seriously if Riot catch's wind of this you should check stats and see how many more times purple team has lost compared to blue team.(If purple team loses more than 70% of time pretty much proves my point :P)

Solutions:
-Depending on which is easier for the servers and easier to do either make the HLOS rotatable like some RTS games Eg:Age of empires
-Make Purple side spawn in bottom left as well so which ever side you spawn on your spawning in bottom left meaning each team will look like there spawning in bottom left on there screen and other team in top right
-Making mid lane horizontal like Twisted Treeline.
-Adding a longer "Zoom Out" so you can see range of all skills within it your HLOS while locked onto your champion may be the most plausible solution. (even though doesn't make it even but makes the disadvantage have minimal effect)

Please! I hate feeling like I'm losing because I have a disadvantage because of the random side I was placed. Comments suggestions and just plain comments saying this is good idea are appreciated. Because I really want this Fixed.

WWWilliam

03-24-2011

Quote:
Diamondragan:
I feel like a noob...I just posted something like this.

+1 BROTHER!

Don't worry about it soon after I made this thread one very similar ("Flip camera angle for purple side&quot got bumped to page 1 but hey more publicity for the issue the better.
Quote:
Flodoard:
I like your point. I would probably not have noticed, but in all fairness, I use the camera control option and I only play on a laptop touchpad. And I do just fine, so I kind of have a hard time sympathizing.
But I totally agree, LoL is a game in which attention to detail really will grab you the win, and you definitely payed attention lol
lol I'm really fussy about my awareness in any game I like to know everything that's happening or could happen as much as I can. I use laptop touchpad sometimes and use camera control but most of the time I just prefer to do it the lazy way.
Quote:
Althalin:
Wow... There's a lot of hate on people who play with locked cameras.

I agree wholeheartedly with the opinion that, regardless of which side you start on, you shouldn't feel like you're at a disadvantage of view. Or, for that matter, like you need to have your camera unlocked.

I also agree that it wouldn't be an easy fix if Riot decided to do anything about this, as the fact that LoL is a 2D game, and that there is no perfect symmetry on the map, would make it difficult to find a working solution. As likely as any, Riot (and I by no means intend to hate on them) will simply say "Yeah, it was a design flaw, but skilled players can make up for it." - as they are wont to do.

The hate is just coming from wanna be pro's and/or they don't know what there talking about.

Exactly my last game I was laning with a morgana and she missed like 80% of her snares pushing top lane and she said "Sorry I just can't see where I'm aiming " I replied with "It's alright I hate purple side to" we went onto win the game she also helped a lot more when we had team fights mid lane because she actually hit most her snares.
Point of story is you have slightly less awareness meaning slight chance you will miss with skill shots or be half a second slower hitting with a spell because time to move the camera etc may seem so significant not worth the fuss but if you add all these tiny disadvantages throughout a game make a huge disadvantage that definitely could make difference in who wins.

It isn't a simple fix, Riot might not even know best way to go about it and avoiding the problem because doesn't seem to be a issue with most people But that's just a random assumption, I just hope they have read this thread or any other thread/post and realize a lot of people want this fixed and even people who don't notice it and a lot of them probably won't even appreciate the fix that much because they wont notice the disadvantage or the advantage when fixed but when the Blue and Purple teams win lose ratio is 50/50 it will be better for the game.
Don't do it for the praise do it for justice. lol

WWWilliam

03-29-2011

Just found out at champion selection screen you can see which team your gonna be put on.

Just above the teams champions in top left corner there is text "Your Team" and it's font is either purple or blue and that's your team that game. So there is a way to avoid playing purple till it's fixed.

CaptainBoj

03-30-2011

I just discovered that the purple minion stats are slightly lower than the blue minions. At least the wizard ones are.

Can anyone else see if the other minions types are at a disadvantage please.

Zoram

04-01-2011

Has riot honestly still not seen these threads? Amazing.

CSwigglez66

04-02-2011

Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase