[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twistedhalo5

04-24-2011

I noticed this too, While for some reason I do a bit better on purple than I do on blue, I almost always find myself in a loss when I'm on purple.

Grin MC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

So, if u have a jungler, TOP is almost always solo, and if you flip your screen, how do you know which lane is top?, i mean, u can get confused easily.

The Real Smoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

Anytime this century riot, I for one cannot play with screen unlocked and being purple is a HUGE ****ing disadvantage, my heart drops every time I see "YOUR TEAM" in purple and have an 80/20% chance of just queue dodging and waiting out the timer because playing on that ****ing side is so broken its PATHETIC. fix. it.

thought gore

04-25-2011

I'd say maybe consider the ability to lock your camera into place where you last locked it (i.e. using unlock to move the camera in order to lock the camera in a different place) but i suppose this would be troublesome to encode.

This problem isn't limited to LoL but it is existent in ANY multiplayer game without camera rotation. I believe all RTS games endure this as well. Bottom line: You'll just have to bear with it.

I personally play with camera unlocked and feel SERIOUSLY debilitated if it's locked. That said, I can see the benefits of having it locked (makes you FEEL like the character your playing) - but controlling the camera is not a difficult skill. If you're having trouble, play an RTS game like Warcraft 3 (where dota originated) or Starcraft 2 (popular) and you're bound to master it quickly.

As for the BENEFITS of unlocked camera view, I don't see how there could have been an argument about that in the first place. Sure you can do immediate actions with the camera locked but you also want to know what the situation may be elsewhere (maybe there's a gank at mid or at your golem, or maybe you just want to check out what the enemies are doing near their tower - are they porting back?).
Also, some bits of screen are worth more than other bits of screen. If your purple at bottom lane, i bet that inch below you is more important than that inch above you. Move your screen please.

Obviously you don't move the camera away too much if there's action around you but there are less dangerous times you can flick around the place. Knowledge is power!

Kreshel

04-25-2011

ive also noticed that, dunno why, while playing custom games with only me, and im just standing still or making video changes and stuff like that, purple team (in summoners rift) destroy the first tower of each line faster, and push overall more. Its not a noticeable disadvantage, cuz in that time players make the diference, but, just wanted to share that, maybe someone has also noticed that

BeltFedHappiness

04-26-2011

Read the OP, but not much of the following so this might have been suggested already:
Why do they have Summoners Rift tilted?
Twisted Treeline is nice and even..side and to side.
There is no reason that Summoners Rift couldnt have been done the same way.
One team starts on Left, other starts on Right. Presto.

Just my 2cents

xITx

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickbaby View Post
unlocking the camera is the best way to counteract this... however, i have a much harder time landing skillshots with the camera unlocked... this is my issue though, not the games.

It would be nice to have a little more adjustment available in the camera... even just being able to pan out a little more, would make a big difference.
it takes a little practice in my opnion. now i cant land a skill shot unless im unlocked. i used to only play locked. but i practiced with unlocked till i finally started getting it.

i really think that there is no uneven ness in it as long as your unlocked. but yes if you take in locked its very uneven

Veladriana

04-27-2011

I hate playing on the purple team. Until they fix this no PvP for me

LEET LEEDER

04-27-2011

absolutely agreed.

unlocking the camera helps, but it's a soft fix to a problem.

Even if you unlock your camera, you still can see further north than south.

How to fix this? Not entirely sure. I have some ideas, but I don't know if they're at all possible to implement and still have LoL be a good moba.

TowableCrab

Recruiter

04-28-2011

The biggest shock of this thread is that so many people play with camera lock on. How do you expect to be a skilled player when you can't look around the map? Have you ever played ANY real time strategy game? Good lord.. I hope you aren't a Shen player!