Regarding Leaverbuster and Queue Dodging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crownface

02-26-2011

I understand that Leaverbuster is kicking ass and whatnot, I think that's great.

However, on the very few occasions I decide to foray into the dangerous and frightening world of ranked games, full of large, angry, sweaty men, I often find myself needing to queue dodge for various reasons.

I wanted to know if the leaves I get from doing this will get me auto-banned by the Leaverbuster system, or are they put into a special cosmetic category of leaves that will make me look like an angry child?

EDIT: I guess I should elaborate a little more. If I refuse to play a game with people who are obviously trolling with clarity and revive on a non-mana champ or threatening to feed for whatever reason, am I going to be severely punished for it?

Deb

02-26-2011

Yes. You get a leaver mark if you dodge RANKED games.

Crownface

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSortOfDuck View Post
Yes. You get a leaver mark if you dodge RANKED games.
I know that...

I was asking if it will get me auto-banned by the Leaverbuster system or not.

Pentarctagon

02-26-2011

no, it will not ban you for queue dodging ranked.

Kiddalee

02-26-2011

Are you too narrow-minded to let your teammates pick champs that are perceived as UP? Are you too narrowly skilled to play a tank when nobody else will, or not talkative enough to ask somebody else to do it for you?

This is why dodges in Ranked games are punished more harshly.

bobby2002

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

queue dodging is the same as ruining someones potential game. riot will not forgive you. you deserve to be permabanned for dodging once.

Crownface

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Are you too narrow-minded to let your teammates pick champs that are perceived as UP? Are you too narrowly skilled to play a tank when nobody else will, or not talkative enough to ask somebody else to do it for you?

This is why dodges in Ranked games are punished more harshly.
I never said I queue dodged because people choose UP champs, I never said I thought any champ was UP at all, I don't think I ever said that. I only queue dodge if I get somebody like a non-mana champ with clarity, or someone who tells everybody if they don't get X champ they're going to feed, or anything like that.

I like playing tanks every once in a while, I like to pick up what my team needs.

Crownface

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnaVJoo View Post
queue dodging is the same as ruining someones potential game. riot will not forgive you. you deserve to be permabanned for dodging once.
Why should I play a game with Morde, Mundo, Garen, and Kat with clarity and revive?

Crownface

02-26-2011

Those are some really angry first responses.

I'm happy to pick up any type of champ my team needs except carries, although I have yet to join a game where no one wants to play a carry. Stealth, support, tank, and caster champs are all fine with me. I'd even play a jungler if the rest of the team refused to. I don't have a rune page dedicated to each of them, however, so I'd prefer to play the role that I'm best suited for, but I won't complain if I'm forced to pick up a different role to create the best team comp.

All I want to know is if the leaves I rack up from queue dodging obvious trolls with ridiculous summoner spells who are threatening all sorts of wonderful things in the pre-game lobby will get me banned, or what.