Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Last Patch, Next Patch, Long Game, Short Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

02-26-2011

Last patch, Riot made long games give better IP rewards, and took away the reward for a "quick and decisive win." I don't like it. I think it rewards people who don't understand that winning the game requires pushing the Nexus down; who win teamfights and don't press their advantage, and sometimes even let the enemy catch up. It also rewards boring games that just won't end.

Next patch, Riot is going to make short games easier to achieve. They are going to make aggressive play less risky by decreasing early-game respawn times, and they are going to make canon minions spawn more often after 20 minutes. So now that shorter games are less rewarding in IP, they are also going to happen more often. But this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I would be happy with this patch if it hadn't been for the last patch. I like that Riot is encouraging aggressive play. However, making canon minions more common is not going to prevent people from "farming the system" by agreeing with the opposite team to extend the laning phase, or by essentially winning with towers and kills but refusing to push the Nexus for several minutes. It punishes honest players who want to have fun and win as it decreases their IP rewards even further than last patch.

If you want decisive, even aggressive, gameplay, why not reward people for it?

Still, game length in LoL has less to do with the game itself than with player attitudes. Many games are extended when potential pushers get cold feet after winning a teamfight. So, LoL never really needed any changing to improve game lengths. Therefore, I suggest that your crew make efforts to teach players that LoL is not DotA, and that they should learn to play more aggressively without dying.

Please encourage decisive games in all areas of LoL; please do not continue to counterbalance shorter game-pacing with smaller IP rewards. Thanks for reading.

Dimensionist

02-26-2011

3 20 minute games = more ip than 1 60 minute game

your argument is invalid.

Qualm

02-26-2011

Quote:
Dimensionist:

3 20 minute games + 3 times roughly 3 minute queues (even more for people with high elos) + 3 times 5 minute champ selects = less ip than 1 minute game + only one queue+select

Xianio

02-26-2011

If anything it encourages people to not quit so early which in effect encourages people to get better at the game.

Duoshot

02-26-2011

Short games = better. I hate playing with one champion for more than half an hour.

Gazow

02-26-2011

Quote:
Dimensionist:

my hair is a bird, your argument is invalid

nukular power

02-26-2011

I like long games.. If I wanted to play BLC with 5 minute matches, I'd.. play BLC.

BUT HEY, ALL I REALLY CARE ABOUT IS THE IP!!!! CANT ANYONE TELL ME HOW MANY IP/MIN I CAN GET WITH THE NEW SYSTEM??? AHAHHHHHHHH!!!

Nisuma

02-26-2011

The problem I have with this is most the time I play LoL I have time for one game, no matter the length. Because if I have time for let's say a 60 min game with some leeway then after a 20 minute game I no longer have time to guarantee I can get another game in.

So if games take shorter on average then people like me will be getting less ip

ppctest

02-26-2011

if someone is fed too much, that implies the game is over, so dont feed easy.
or choose / observe ur teamates champ wisely, to prevent no-tank siutuation from happening

if ur team is not able to take down the fed one, it is wise to end the game quick.