Major WW comeback needed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Evangel

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower2009 View Post
Jungle, always.

Cloth Armor + 5 hp pots, turn into Madred's razor.
Get boots of speed
Finish Blood Razors
Get wards
Build Merc Treads
Buy Banshee's Veil
get wards
Get Spirit Visage
get wards
Get Guardian Angel
get wards
buy Randuins Omen
More wards
Not enough wards. Needs more wards.

HenryF0rd

02-27-2011

If you're finding that playing the same way - you used to get more kills and now you're getting more assists - usually this means that you're playing with better players. WW should not be the kind of kills, but should have a pretty good balance between kill/assist (depending on team playstyle) - generally like 1 kill for 2 assists, maybe 1:2.5 -- so like 3/3/8 should be a pretty 'average' game.

When I play tanks or support I generally feel like I have a good game if I have an assist for 1/2 of the teams kills - so a 40 kill game, I should have 20 assists. I generally see WW as more of a support character.

That said -- lane with WW ? madness. Only reason I can see to lane with WW is if you're very low level and nobody can remotely deal with a solo lane. If this is the case - just sideline WW for a while till you level up and can jungle -- THEN you'll see him really shine.

Wolfstray64

02-27-2011

Ok this really helps, I don't think I can go with FH becuase I don't think I need all that mana when I could use something else in its place. But what about those times when you need to lane cause of someone dc'ing or someone is just plain stupid. Is there a special trick to laning with him or do I just need to jungle anyways?

ZOMGTURTLE

02-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstray64 View Post
Ok this really helps, I don't think I can go with FH becuase I don't think I need all that mana when I could use something else in its place. But what about those times when you need to lane cause of someone dc'ing or someone is just plain stupid. Is there a special trick to laning with him or do I just need to jungle anyways?
If you have to jungle with WW, pray that you have blue buff. This makes you a Q machine, and gives you lane viability.

GG ResidentChief

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2011

I play off-tank WW as my main, Smite + Ignite, 1-13-9 masteries, start with Cloth Armour, 2 Health Pots and a ward. Start at opposite blue buff, or your own if theres an opposition jungler, and work your way around from there.

I always go with defensive boots (either Ninja Tabi or MR boots), Madreds Razor, and then Guardian Angel. The GA has saved WW's hiney so many times it's just not funny.

After that you can build Randiun's Omen and Sunfire Cape if you want Armour or Spirit Visage and Wit's End for MR.

If you're still playing at that point and the opposition hasn't rage quit from not being able to kill you, then grab a bloodthirster and finish them off!!

Good luck, and happy ganking

crujuco

02-27-2011

I run WW and have good sucess with him

Masteries are 9/0/21

summoner spells - smite, Ghost

Items
Start with cloth armor + 2 pots
I like to start at wraiths, smiting big ghost, then kill wolves, by the time you get to blue you will be lvl 2 and smite will be back up (you need someone to keep an eye on blue so it is not stolen). This also allows you to see if any enemy champs are missing. You will also have both your Q & E when you kill blue.

You will have the 700g for the basic razor after your 1st clear. you should also ask for the side solo to be red buff side. If the enemy has pushed them right to your towers you can pop ghost and with red buff get a kill or 2.

As the game progesses I build
merc treads
complete bloodrazor

the I then like to make
spirit visage
warmogs
atmas inpaler

dont be afraid to only buy componets, ie chain armour, giants belt.

If you get finish these items you will be
- tanky
- high magic damage
- high physical damage

for your last item it really depends on who your up against, but other good items are -
Gaurdian Angel
Starks Fervor
Wits End (this is very good with your ult)
Thornmail

and as another poster said buy wards.

Surrealist

02-27-2011

Jungling, start with cloth armor, 2 hp pots + ward and use the ward in the bot river

madreds -> sorc boots -> spirit visage/banshee's -> GA/Starcks/Randuins

and get lots of wards.

Jack Harkness

02-27-2011

When you play warwick assists are your friend, warwick MAY LOOK like a stone cold killer but he's far far far far more supportive than that. Madreds=ALL THE DAMAGE YOU NEED! You can build more sure but you won't be as useful as you should be. You ult and with madreds it deals a freaking lot of damage no matter your AD and you own one champion. FROM THERE ON YOU ARE A TANK, you should always have aegis on warwick unless someone else has it (just because it is an essential item for any team, but if your shen wants to build it let him). If you're getting assists as warwick good for you that's great, I pub stomped with warwick once and went 20-2 did I completely dominate? Yeah sure easily I could 5 vs 1 the enemy team, but was I as useful to a good team as I could of been? Hell to the no.

HenryF0rd

02-27-2011

So here is the deal with WW.

Your job as WW, very specifically, is to control dragon. This is your sole, key, mission in life. Ganking, covering, jungling, etc, this is ALL secondary to eating dragon over and over.

As WW with level 30 runes/masteries - you should be able to solo dragon at level 5 with appropriate items. This happens early in game, and in newer player games, should be well before opposing team is really thinking about dragon at all (if they ever do).

Your single purpose in life is to control the f'ing dragon. ESPECIALLY if not playing stronger players you should be able to solo dragon 2-3x a game. This is a -huge- advantage for your team. I have something like a 70% winrate with WW despite having a negative kdr - why? because I really effectively control dragon, ward, and cover lanes. He is honestly the easiest character to carry games with I think (at lower skill level at minimum).

If you don't want to control dragon, then you should play a different jungler who brings other things to the table - like Amumu or Nunu or Xin or Cho or Olaf.

Sometimes you gotta cover a lane, if you have it solo, do what you need to do. If you're playing at a skill level where people are unable to handle soloing top - then I would suggest just holding WW on standby till your team can handle a jungler - and instead learn and play with other champions who have good lane presence.

The problem with covering a lane is not so much about xp or gold - you can level faster in lane than in jungle - the problem is that you can't gank as effectively and someone might notice that you're gone if you try to eat the dragon - so chances are you won't be doing your job.

Anyone who plays WW and is focusing on ganking without getting dragon is fail.

POST LANE: after the laning phase WW plays the role of mediocre off-tank. He can initiate with his ultimate on an over extended enemy to open up a good teamfight or use it to save a carry who is getting chased. Either works, after that he really doesn't have a huge amount to contribute in a teamfight.

Also note - I -really- like wits end on him. The mana burn is not great for AP carries - but actually can really **** up tanks who often have small mana pools. This also has nice synergy with madreds.

He also opens up the option for earlier baron since he can effectively tank it.