Next patch will give us shorter games + low IP due to new system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandolus

02-26-2011

A 30 minute game isn't just 30 minutes. There's queue time, champ select, loading, gloating at the end game screen, drink/washroom/snack breaks between matches, etc.

Cymbid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakk087 View Post
But, honestly, go ahead and keep complaining. I fully expect poor counter-arguments and shifting of the proverbial goal posts on the issue, because HOLY MUFFINS, CHANGE IS BAD! ESPECIALLY WHEN I DON'T DIRECTLY BENEFIT!

>|
Not gonna quote your whole post. That would be dumb.

Yes, I do agree with everyone that 2 short games should equal 1 long game. That part just makes sense. However, there should be no reason that the average IP gain from the new system should be lower than the average IP gain from the old one WHICH IT WILL BE if they don't adjust the IP rates along with this whole deal of trying to shorten games.

From what you've been replying with, you just avoid my point entirely.

Jaikaro

02-26-2011

On a scale of 1-10 of how surprised I am with this situation, I'd give this a negative 5.

Byakk087

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymbid View Post
Not gonna quote your whole post. That would be dumb.

Yes, I do agree with everyone that 2 short games should equal 1 long game. That part just makes sense. However, there should be no reason that the average IP gain from the new system should be lower than the average IP gain from the old one WHICH IT WILL BE if they don't adjust the IP rates along with this whole deal of trying to shorten games.
That's kind of my point, though - the average gain most likely isn't down that much at all.

If it is, they can adjust the numbers so that things, for the average player, are back to about where they feel they should be (closer to the original IP gain/hour).

The problem comes in people thinking that their experience is always the average, when subjective analysis on things like this is not only faulty at best, but fail to take into the account that an average is taken from all games played, period. End of sentence.

For that matter, end of post.