Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Next patch will give us shorter games + low IP due to new system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gøggles

02-26-2011

I'm wondering how this is gonna work. You guys talked about shortening the match times by messing with the minion waves, but won't this mean that we'll just get even less IP than we already are due to the new system? I feel like we're getting screwed here. Now I'm NEVER gonna get to 6300!! You honestly expect me to farm IP 60-70 points at a time?

Just in case you didn't see the patch preview yet: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=544778

Byakk087

02-26-2011

Except the IP gain over time will be th-

Yanno, I just really don't care to continue trying to point out things that people aren't gonna bother listening to. :U

EcksTeaSea

02-26-2011

Well for the person that plays a lot of games, it shouldnt be an issue. For the person that plays 1-2 games a day, it might be a problem.

Cymbid

02-26-2011

What pains me the most is that their excuse for the new IP system is that shorter games means you queue up for the next game faster, but a lot of times, I'll only play one game a day. This just makes it worse.

The Illusive Man

02-26-2011

yep and they shortened the surrender time so now if you dominate another team and they surrender at 20 minutes, you get 71 IP!

Anyone else remember when you could get that in 11 minutes?

They want to make the games shorter and they also want us to get less IP
Less IP = Less value to working for a champion
IP:RP value will tilt to RP and it's almost a waste of time to not buy a champ with RP
RP sales increase

Or atleast thats how it looks on paper... Then you look at the people who stopped playing til IP is back to where it doesnt take 90 games to get a 6300 champ

Like people said above me, if you're a diehard play LoL all the time person the long games make up for the short ones, but if you have a job and go to uni then you get the middle finger for not dedicating more time to their game

Gøggles

02-26-2011

Quote:
EcksTeaSea:
Well for the person that plays a lot of games, it shouldnt be an issue. For the person that plays 1-2 games a day, it might be a problem.

Yeah, that's MY problem. I play MAYBE 2-3 games a day.

zankioh

Recruiter

02-26-2011

Basically new patch preview says "expect less average IP longterm"

Cymbid

02-26-2011

Quote:
Byakk087:

Yanno, I just really don't care to continue trying to point out things that people aren't gonna bother listening to. :U

I don't think you understand that a lot of short games worth 70 IP is worse then a lot of short games worth 100 IP.

A lot of short games is more probable now with what they're trying to do.

PervertedCrab

Recruiter

02-26-2011

It'll be fine if they lower the break even point to something like 30-35 minutes. It's just as it is right now with the break even point being 38 minutes that many people, who during the old system had average gametimes of less than 35 minutes, are getting shafted on the amount of IP we get now compared to then.

Tricolor

02-26-2011

Quote:
Byakk087:

blehblehbleh fanboy blehblhebleh

it would only be the same if ur average game lenght was 38 minutes.....(according to zileas this is the average when surrender time was at 25 mins....)

the surrender time change by itself would be enough to give u less ip/time than the old system.....but now they r reducing the game lenght.....

but dont worry....zileas is "evaluating the changes" and in 7-8 months we ll hear something about that...(or maybe ll get some stupid post saying that this was already discussed and they ll just close all threads about that.....not that that already happened....)