How do I not die a million times when playing Xin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

F22 Fighter Jet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

I like Xin because he's a cool guy. Whenever I play him, I can usually lane pretty well and get kills throughout the game, ending up with the most or around the most kills on my team. However, usually at equal levels or even higher are my deaths. It seems that every time I am in a team fight, I am the first to die, regardless of how I build. I start the standard way: spear rush, ult, talon and the attack speed thingy. I can do a lot of damage and kill people really fast when I am allowed to hit them, but usually it's just stun - > slow - > other cc - > i'm dead.

It doesn't seem to affect whether I win or lose very much but I'm still just curious how most people can play Xin without dying. He's a good initiator but initiating is practically suicide unless luck or enemy stupidity is on your side.

Tips?

JunkRamen

02-26-2011

Timing. Xin Zhao's damage is kinda frontloaded anyway so you did your job.

bladeofwill

02-26-2011

Your team: they are supposed to follow you in after you initiate. Even if you die, 1-2 for 4-5 is completely worth it.

Frostbutt Irelia

02-26-2011

try saving ur rushing-spear thing for after they blow their cc/escapes on you, then use it to catch up.

VTecJustKikdInYo

02-26-2011

0/21/9. Definitely build merc treads most of the time and youmuus, these two are your core items.

Have the tank initiate first and try to stand at an angled approach from where you can easily charge into the fight killing the enemy squishies quickly. As long as you go in and hit as many people as possible with your ULT while dpsing as much as possible until death you did your job.

If you knocked-up anyone that was channeling an ult, and did as much as you thought you could in a fight yet you guys still got aced, it's none of your fault really.

And as Xin, never back out of a fight, even when your near death and as is your team. With your passive combined with a starks if anyone has it on the team and your general tankyness you should be able to put up a good fight before even dieing. I've encountered situations where I ran from enemies and got owned just because Xin has no clear escape mechanisms. Other times I had stayed and fought a 2v4 and still won it just because I pushed through the fight and assassinated the high priority targets first.

EcksTeaSea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Watch Bob play him and see how he does. Don't know if Bob is the best with Xin, but he does do a pretty decent job with him.

Neofederalist

02-26-2011

I wouldn't say you should initiate. Wait for the tank to initiate and go in right after.

Also, make sure you're focusing the highest priority target. In a basic sense, this means either the squishiest enemy or the one with the least health. Once they're dead, repeat. Make sure you're building to the enemy composition.

Private Ramirez

02-26-2011

What do you build on Xin Zhao? He scales almost effortlessly throughout the game with just a Youmuu's Ghostblade, so it's recommended that you build Randuin's Omen and/or Banshee's Veil. This gives you frightening sustainability without compromising your frontloaded damage too much.

It may not stop you from dying if you're the one initiating, but it sure as hell will make them think twice about going for you instead of your team.

Good luck, and don't give up. Xin is still one of my favorite champions to play, no matter how well I'm doing.

exub3rant

02-26-2011

try a Guardian Angel perhaps? No matter how much Tankiness you build CC will shut you down unfortunately. Just get ur combo and ult on as many squishies as possible and hope you come up victorious from the team fight.

sirwoot

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofwill View Post
Your team: they are supposed to follow you in after you initiate. Even if you die, 1-2 for 4-5 is completely worth it.
Agreed.

I main Xin, and I like you will have some games where even though I hit like a truck, I will die very fast.

It's mostly do to the fact that Xin has to dive into the fight to be effective, and if the opposing team is has any intelligence they will immediately kill you because Xin does a ton of damage fed or not. Luckily like another poster said Xin does the most damage at the beginning, so if you can get a kill and get 2 or mose assists while dying, you more than did your job.

The best advice I can give you is to use Frozen Mallet, and Banshees Vale in your build with Xin. It give a lot of health, and a way to block some of the CC when you initiate because Xin will get focused the moment he dives in.