Irelia isn't even sort of OP.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vectros

02-26-2011

She's not OP, but it's not because of the reasons you listed. She's not the best at anything; her steroids aren't the best, her burst isn't the best, lifesteal isn't the best....she' just good at several things, she's balanced.

Copout

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalAdversary View Post
3. Her stun is situational and involves you getting owned first.
Her stun means that if you harass her in your lane and her health gets below yours, she can stun you instead of slow you. Depending on how much health you have at the time, this could result in dead you. I don't know if it's good gameplay for there to be a disincentive to harass someone in a lane if you can.

SoIo Wing

02-26-2011

*looks at OP's match history*
*sees a bunch of irelia matches*
*knew he was talking random bullsh*t to defend his hero*

Nice one bro defending your main hero but too bad your hero is going to get nerfed anyways

LethalityVoX

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Now imagine if you were say... any other champion in the game aside from like Poppy and those 4 CC's hit you.
You mean the ones that don't hit me because my ult while I'm bashing their carry's face in?

Sad thing is, if Hotshot came into this thread right now and said Poppy was more OP than Irelia you sheeple would gobble that **** up so fast. This community disgusts me.

Omniance

02-26-2011

Xin Zhao is everything Irelia is and more. He is tankier, has an AS steroid and a cooldown reduction steroid. His dash is better than Irelia's slow as it's an AoE slow, his ult does a massive chunk of an entire team's life instantly while turning him into a tank afterward, and his CC can't be reduced in duration while also not depending on his health and having a shorter cooldown.

The only thing Irelia has over him is her Passive + Merc Treads. Everything else is effectively worse than Xin Zhao's abilities.

SuchIsLife

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neofederalist View Post
I had an irelia go 0-4 top lane against Cho'gath.

If Irelia is OP, by the transitive property, so is Cho.
Cho is probably the hardest counter to Irelia. Neither his knockup nor his silence is affected by her passive and if she doesn't use her ult earlier than she'd like she risks being eaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniance View Post
The only thing Irelia has over him is her Passive + Merc Treads. Everything else is effectively worse than Xin Zhao's abilities.
Really? I've never seen Xin heal himself for half of his health over 2 seconds outside of his fountain.

MagicMagnum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neofederalist View Post
I had an irelia go 0-4 top lane against Cho'gath.

If Irelia is OP, by the transitive property, so is Cho.
This is a poor argument.

Consider this statement as a counter example that reflects a similar situation.

Rock beats scissors. Thus, Rock is OP.
Paper beats rock. Thus, by the transitive property, paper is OP too.
Scissors beat paper. Thus, by the transitive property, scissors is OP too.

The above example would seem absurd, but the same situation may apply to your example.

Simply because one champion with a particular build had a poor match 1 time against another champion with a particular build, does not mean that you get to say that the opposing champion is better.

For a character to be OP, they need to have a consistently higher rate of success over a larger number of opposing champions and builds than is average for other champions.

Consider this exaggerated example:
It is possible for Irelia to have advantageous match ups against 69 out of 70 characters in the game, but to have 1 bad match up against Cho'Gath. Meanwhile, the inverse could be true that Cho'Gath has 1 good match up against Irelia and has 69 bad match ups. His capacity to beat Irelia does not make him more OP than her.

While the above is likely not true, the transitive property does not apply to this situation.

With that said, I have extensive experience playing as Irelia and I do NOT believe that she is OP.

LethalityVoX

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Nutz View Post
*looks at OP's match history*
*sees a bunch of irelia matches*
*knew he was talking random bullsh*t to defend his hero*

Nice one bro defending your main hero but too bad your hero is going to get nerfed anyways
Yeah or she's free this week and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Also, you'll notice all four of those are defeats and in all four I did at least decent as her. She's isn't the "team destroying hyper carry" she's made out to be. I can name at least three melee carries I'd take any day over her- but I won't because those three ARE my mains and I have a feeling once Irelia gets nerfed they're next on the chopping block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copout View Post
Her stun means that if you harass her in your lane and her health gets below yours, she can stun you instead of slow you. Depending on how much health you have at the time, this could result in dead you. I don't know if it's good gameplay for there to be a disincentive to harass someone in a lane if you can.
That's a good point, now pretend I'm Sion and I can stun you 100% of the time, at range, for two seconds, at level one. Right before I blow my hot sticky shield all over you.

JunkRamen

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalAdversary View Post
You mean the ones that don't hit me because my ult while I'm bashing their carry's face in?

Sad thing is, if Hotshot came into this thread right now and said Poppy was more OP than Irelia you sheeple would gobble that **** up so fast. This community disgusts me.
Reading comprehension seems to be beyond your range of talents, you cool, rebellious wolf, you.