Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skins for IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Protoclastic

02-26-2011

I don't think it's a bad idea but maybe make it something like you have to spend a certain amount of money first in order to unlock the ability to buy skins for IP.

síCKthreat

02-26-2011

yeah well personally i spent a crapload of RP on buying heros and quite a few skins as well. While you're leveling up theres heaps of reasons to buy RP but once uv finished the game its kinda meh.. its like why should i keep playing iv already got everything.. and the promise of a new hero isnt really enough tbh.

10k IP for one skin means it'd take AAAGES to get any skins but also gives people an incentive to keep playing, then they bring more friends in, and THEY go through the levelup process again and spend some money. But if theres nothing to do once you have finished getting everything then why would u recommend other people to play? Because skins dont actually affect gameplay at all anyway it doesnt actually make a difference to the gameplay. because i now have everything im like well why buy more skins if i cant do anything with my IP and am just stuck.. why spend money on something that wont go anywhere.

zankioh

Recruiter

02-26-2011

Nah mate.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

Recruiter

02-26-2011

Massive IP cost IP only skins to encourage people to spend RP on champions; that's something I could see Riot doing.

Tideborn

02-26-2011

There should be atleast one skin worth like 50k ip, so veterans can get them and like feel bossssssss.