A small reason FOTM champs are OP.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xApeZillax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Besides the fact that when played correctly most champs are very strong, FOTM champs get a great deal of respect in game.

Let's take Irelia for example, If I had played her last week I wouldn't get a solo lane every game. I don't even have to ask for it, it's expected that Irelia will get a solo lane. Now, any good player can fair well in a duo lane, but the simple fact of the matter is solo lane characters are going to be stronger every game. Add in that support chars and tanks will go out of their way to protect what they think in their heads is an overpowered FOTM free win meal ticket. Also, when I play Irelia now my junglers are just handing me buffs. It's crazy.

Irelia want red?
Give irelia Blue!

If when I played other champions, I got that much respect, I'd always fair well with that champ too.

The main point of the thread is that public perception is often the strongest and most misleading aspect of a champion and I hope riot doesn't always nerf based on that.

xApeZillax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Also, the fight vs flight effect. I see a lot of people run from me as Irelia when I know I might not win, and I get a lot of kills this way 1 v 1 because people thinks she's so crazy powerful.

She has;
-No attack speed modifier
-No defense boost
-No hard escape or move speed modifier
-Her CC is situational and melee range, usually a slow
-Her only AD modifier is adding true damage, which isn't OMG amazing, just good.

stop fighting her at lvl 6 in a solo lane, she's very strong at that point in the game. People aren't used to good early game melee chars.

YYZed

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyHugger55 View Post
Also, the fight vs flight effect. I see a lot of people run from me as Irelia when I know I might not win, and I get a lot of kills this way 1 v 1 because people thinks she's so crazy powerful.

She has;
-No attack speed modifier
-No defense boost
-No hard escape or move speed modifier
-Her CC is situational and melee range, usually a slow
-Her only AD modifier is adding true damage, which isn't OMG amazing, just good.

stop fighting her at lvl 6 in a solo lane, she's very strong at that point in the game. People aren't used to good early game melee chars.
This, the best counter to irellia is staying around to try to kill her. As long as her initial combo doesn't drop you below 60% HP you should be pressuring her ass, she's an upfront burst DPS that can't deal sustained damage well until late game.

TuxedoTee

02-26-2011

"-Her only AD modifier is adding true damage, which isn't OMG amazing, just good."

i think youd be hard pressed to find a better attack buff than + 75 PURE DAMAGE

i dont know how you define OMG amazing but i would argue that 75 pure dmg qualifies

and oh yeah, it heals you too

Prometheius

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoTee View Post
"-Her only AD modifier is adding true damage, which isn't OMG amazing, just good."

i dont know how you define OMG amazing but i would argue that 75 pure dmg qualifies

75 damage at lvl 9 and requires you to attack constantly w/o Atk Spd mods.

I'd rather have Xin's weaker boost that doesn't make his other CC useless and reloads faster with his Atk Spd mod, not to mention his chasing skill and ult too.

xApeZillax

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoTee View Post

That's at rank 5, it last 6 seconds,and then is down for 15. Tri force is usually her only AS item and it doesn't get her anywhere near fast enough for that to be that amazing, like i said, it's good.

Frislid

02-26-2011

FOTM champions aren't OP, OP champions are FOTM.

Uber Bonisseur

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyHugger55 View Post
That's at rank 5, it last 6 seconds,and then is down for 15. Tri force is usually her only AS item and it doesn't get her anywhere near fast enough for that to be that amazing, like i said, it's good.

9 sec, l2math

Also, interesting thread.

HappyAndHazy

02-26-2011

You're forgetting Wit's End is also one of her core items, gives 50% attack speed I think with 45 magic damage, along with the 75 bonus damage on her activated W that's 120 bonus damage (pre resists on wits end) per swing. Also gives MR, you should be ending up with about ~64% damage reduction on both her armor and MR.

Irelia really needs to farm a lot though, especially if your team is losing lanes and turrets, you just need to run around the map farming as much creeps as possible so you can carry your team late game.

Digivolve

02-26-2011

if the junglers smart they will hand off buffs to chars that need it.

heavy nukers blue.

dps carry red.

they also ward the map for their allies