Elo reset from 1500 to 1475 suddendly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inocense

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

Hello Guys.

I just logged this morning in to my account and i find out -25 free elo .
I Hvnt play rankeds games in a week and my 1500 elo on premade 3vs3 dropped to 1475 suddenly ?
(The server was down yesteray).

So what its this ? , Its not funny , hopes i get an answer ( not an excuse , not rp , not ip) , all i want its an answer.
Its being bored all theese lol problems with the servers , and now we have to pay the cost of your incompetence ? Do we should just kept with our mouth closed cause its A FREE GAME ? .

Thanks for reading

AllenTheGreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-19-2011

Ranked ELO has a small "decay" and you lose ELO if you don't play for a while.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Inocense

07-19-2011

My friends didnt get elo " decay " ( no1 of 32 friends that i asked ) , if the elo " decay " was true , then why my solo oue didnt change ?
Im not mad cause i lost 25 elo , im mad cause they just reset it cause they wanted , so if they wanna take all my runes and skins , they will do ?

Thanks for the answer anyways

AllenTheGreat

Recruiter

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inocense View Post
My friends didnt get elo " decay " ( no1 of 32 friends that i asked ) , if the elo " decay " was true , then why my solo oue didnt change ?
Im not mad cause i lost 25 elo , im mad cause they just reset it cause they wanted , so if they wanna take all my runes and skins , they will do ?

Thanks for the answer anyways
There's going to be a "soft" elo reset when Season 2 begins. (Season 1 is almost over) I believe it will put your ELO at the halfway mark between your current ELO and 1200 ELO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Also stay tuned for further information on the competitive ladder as Season Two draws closer! We will be performing a partial ladder reset to mark the beginning of Season Two. Rather than a full reset, players will have their Elo rating reset to certain milestone values based upon their finish at the closing of Season One. More details will be coming as we draw closer to the event.

Madman Reborn

07-19-2011

Don't forget, there is only decay above 1400 elo, anything lower won't decay, so it might be possible that none of your friends or your solo queue isn't over 1400 elo it won't decay. If you are certain however it isn't decay, plz by no means keep your mouth shut but at least sent in a support ticket. Maybe something went wrong with your account, Normally however riot will never change your elo. Except ofcourse like Allen said, when season 1 ends there will be a soft reset but that shouldn't be the case yet.

redeux

07-19-2011

Madman Reborn said what I wanted to. It's only for 1400 Elo and up so that may be why none of your friends have ever experienced decay. Elo is kind of like riding a bike, sure, playing a game is something you'll always know how to do but if you haven't tried it for a while then you'll be shaky starting out. The decay might seem like its hurting you but its going to end up giving you a slightly easier match to start off with which is actually to your benefit.