First pick/Last pick ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kulex

02-25-2011

I'm sure you all have a preference, would you rather be first pick or last pick? Being first gives you the power to ban and what not, but after that you have to rely on your teammates to pick champs that will give you a good team composition. Being last pick may give you less of a chance at getting the champ you'd like to play, but it gives you the ability to choose a champion that will even out your team and give you that role that people neglected earlier in the selection process.

I'm proposing Riot adds an option to the ranked matchmaking system that lets you choose your preference, higher in the picking or lower. I know I would much rather be lower than higher, and whenever I move up in elo I wind up being first pick and getting nothing but squishy AP champs on my team after I take a tank.

Now, it will still be based on your elo rating. Those who choose higher pick will be sorted based on their elo, and those who choose lower pick will be sorted based on their elo. But it will at least give you the option to choose whether you're in the first two or the last two.

TL;DR: Riot should implement a feature that allows you to state your preference of where you'd like to be in the champion selection process, and place you there based on a combination of your stated preference and your elo rating.

Gaeta

02-25-2011

Last. Most of the champs I play aren't great on the absolute scale, so I'd feel bad picking them early. o_o

CrazyBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Depends where i'm at elo wise. If I'm at the lower end of my elo due to some losses i'd much rather be first pick since it'd be easier for me to carry. But If i'm nearing the higher end of what i've reached in elo then I'd rather be last as I may get someone who's been higher than I am and I can synergize around them.

Devil May LOL

02-25-2011

i can assure you no one would want to let someone 100 elo less than them playing a carry while the highest elo player has to play shen and babysit all those noobs.

this option will be redundant, especially at higher elo where people understand the pick order.