Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Another Smite Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mix Master Yi

02-25-2011

So just another ordinary game, playing as Jungle Brolaf.

There's an enemy Warwick, and he isn't running smite. Confused, I wait to see if he is playing lanewick (not necessarily a good alternative, but an explanation.) He is not. I decide that since a jungler without smite is rare enough, I should ward both of his buffs and steal them every chance I get, while he is in the process of doing it.

My team and I managed to get 4 or 5 buffs stolen throughout the course of the match (including a classy blue buff steal by Teemo...stolen from their Warwick). I (admittingly condescendingly) reminded Warwick to always run smite, to which he really had no reply- although one of his team mates did tell me to shut up.

So I'm curious...what's the most fun you've ever had with a jungler not running smite?

Norwazy

Recruiter

02-25-2011

Just saw a jungle WW without it as a jungle cho gath.

While I didn't mess with him like I should have, it slows the jungle far too much. Allowed me to steal all his dual golems and wraiths and had about 3 levels on him before his team surrendered. He didn't have a successful gank.

Edit: Oh yes, he did tell me I didn't kill him at the end so it didn't matter...

Eleoste

02-25-2011

I was shaco. Instead of W, I got Q, got the usual, except with a ward.

It was a WW running no smite. At blue, as he was about to finished, I smited, popped Q, and killed him .
He wasn't bad, just didn't grab smite. And after a couple buff steals, he jsut lost the will to go on. He still played, but it was obvious he was too dissapointed to care.

Trollzarro

02-25-2011

An enemy jungler saying that their champion doesn't need SMITE to jungle...as I steal their buffs, dragon, and Baron. Nothing is more gratifying.

Ownpaylol

02-25-2011

Quote:
Panda Demon:
So just another ordinary game, playing as Jungle Brolaf.

There's an enemy Warwick, and he isn't running smite. Confused, I wait to see if he is playing lanewick (not necessarily a good alternative, but an explanation.) He is not. I decide that since a jungler without smite is rare enough, I should ward both of his buffs and steal them every chance I get, while he is in the process of doing it.

My team and I managed to get 4 or 5 buffs stolen throughout the course of the match (including a classy blue buff steal by Teemo...stolen from their Warwick). I (admittingly condescendingly) reminded Warwick to always run smite, to which he really had no reply- although one of his team mates did tell me to shut up.

So I'm curious...what's the most fun you've ever had with a jungler not running smite?

My story is they said they didn't need it and proceeded to lose every buff, baron and also dragon.

Reiver

02-25-2011

fiddlesticks without smite, stole his wraiths as olaf, then ganked him at red and tore him apart before he knew what hit him, didn't need to abuse his lack of smite directly, abused his slowed jungle and sent him packing to the lane

Mix Master Yi

02-25-2011

Yeah, those baron steals are probably the best

Especially when you're in vent with your friends and you laugh it up at poor jungle nunu's expense that just NEEDED flash/ignite

Gatuby

02-25-2011

I sometimes run smite as lane evelynn.
Its gratifying to steal buffs from people :<