Is it me or is matchmaking from premade is impossible to win?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntuitionaL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

I am finding this trend that whenever I duo queue in normal it seems we always lose.

Like really, we do pick optimal picks for the team and a few months back it seems we do quite well. But recently (after maokai patch perhaps) we keep losing for some reason.

We usually do ok, but I think maybe the ELO matchmaking is the problem. Right now I feel like I never want to duo queue not because of my partner, because the matchmaking is too bad.

I do good in solo queue and get wins like normal, but it is just when I duo queue or just have a small premade team that we just ALWAYS lose.

Does anyone else feel this weird matchmaking?

blkplsgo

02-25-2011

well duo queue usually matches you against better players. Somewhere on this site I read that.

Mamoulian

02-25-2011

Put 2 average players together in the same queue = instant pro level

nivekuil

02-25-2011

I think your partner might either be bad, thus making you fail, or too good, inflating your elo and making you play against opponents above your level. I find I win a lot more often in premades.

KAWAlI

02-25-2011

Everytime I get put with a premade in normal I lose. I always get paired with two morons who are awful and aren't even on vent and two other randoms against a 5 man try hard premade on vent.

So from the otherside of this, I hate premades in normal period. One bad person I can carry. But two three or even for bad players paired together is just impossible.

IntuitionaL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Nah my partner is actually quite good, I know him in real life.

He was what made me better, always telling me to buy wards and not to be greedy. I believe his normal ELO is lower than mine though, because he doesn't solo queue a lot and we always lose up.

DewodahS

02-25-2011

I have been getting into duo and trio premades a lot here as of late and been winning quite a few of them. Think it might just be bad luck/team composition that is causing the issue. It happens especially if you get a feeder on your team.

Pinith

02-25-2011

Duo queue with uneven skill levels screws everything up. The better player wants to be more casual and isn't inclined to carry, and the worse player gets matched out of his league and is likely to feed. The elo bump for premades makes things even harder unless you are coordinated like via voice chat.

Literal Potato

02-25-2011

Premades are easy to win if you know how to play as a team.

Every time I play 5s normal premade with my friends, we play some tryhard team who plays a legit team composition with laning strategies set up.

My friends and I pick whatever the **** we want, often ending up with no tank and a teemo.

We're down many kills at the start of the game due to the ganking and composition disadvantage. teamfights are usually won by good teamwork and hilarious shrooming.

I don't mean to brag at all, because we obviously lose games too, but we definitely win more than we lose.

The focal point of this post is to focus on your ability to cooperate as a team, especially with your premade partners. You need to be able to know what they'll do when, and how you guys can work together to achieve optimal situations.

Zarifes

02-25-2011

If you have say, +20 wins, and your partner doesn't, MM won't let you get over that +20. I've been stuck there for months, constantly hovering around +17-+20...just always get stuck with complete tards now...

Average + Average = pro. MM puts you against higher level people, or people the same level as you, but gives you the people who have somehow lived long enough to know how a computer works...