A small support champion rant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Callinectes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACURAccy View Post
sona and soraka were at one point much stronger than they are now
And they are allowed to just be flat subpar because.....?

Toros

02-25-2011

The problem with playing a support over a tank is that as a good tank, you can prevent your team from failing so much more.

With enough CC, and good initiation, it's a lot easier to win a fight than just with healing/shielding idiots.

Played a taric game today where i went 8-4-15 with 4 tower kills, and lost miserably because i simply couldn't keep my squishy moron teammates alive like a tank can.

Support can't order people around as effectively as a tank can. People assume that because you're not in a directly damaging role, you're submissive in general.

People listen to carries because they have to. If the carry does something stupid, everyone is boned.

People listen to tanks because they're the most likely to know wtf they're doing, and make good decisions (bad tanks are pretty obvious when they lack this ability).

People don't listen to supports. They just whine when they are only healed for 500 once a teamfight after jumping into 4 enemies.

NeonSpotlight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
And they are allowed to just be flat subpar because.....?
Being underpowered hurts the game a lot less than being overpowered.

Unholyrath

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleJuan View Post
Play Janna
I actually had a team before where I picked Sona, and they QQ'd at me saying she was worthless. So I select Janna and they said she was worse. I slammed my head into a wall.

As for supports in general, even tanks get more acknowledgment than supports do. And we all know the tank gets no love.

Think the order(from most to least acknowledgement) goes something along the line of:
Trolls/feeders > Carry > less fed carry > Jungler > Tank > Neutral Minions > Minions > Towers > Nexus > Doran > Support

Malglroix

02-25-2011

I find you have to get really good at knowing how to harass early game with both Sona and Soraka.
Mind and late game you need to be positioned very well. Also, a mistake I see many sona and soraka's do is run away from team fights when they are targeted. Never run from your team. Move towards or around your team. That way they can A: Kill them or B: Make them switch targets. Remember, you can heal a lot. So if placed well, you are a pain in the behind.

Both Champions can be very good if played well.
Most players who have never used Sona or Soraka claim they suck when they do try to use them.
They don't suck. They just haven’t learned how to play them properly yet.
Many think all there is to Sona is spamming qwer. Sadly there is more to it.
Unless its late game and you have a lot of mana/cdr. Then you spam like a monster.

I do agree though. Sona really needs a buff. Not much, but something to make her late game better.

(I so just posted on my brothers account XD)