What are people being "permabanned" for?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
We don't ban people for custom skins.
Ah hohums to the rescue, Super Red Extraordinary should be your title.

EbonyKnife

02-25-2011

The custom skins theory is idiotic.

They purposely didnt do the stealth (footsteps one) change because it would ruin the modding community, so they obviously support it.

mikeejimbo

02-25-2011

Hey, that guy stole my haircut!

hohums

Software Engineer

02-25-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNocturnis View Post
I guess I'm not sure how that's derived from what I read. Even under "Content" it is read so that it appears that if you are not selling anything regarding images, sounds, etc. then Riot will take no liability and will basically just ignore it. Copyright infringment just covers stolen ideas.
In other words, I found nothing in the Terms that say anything about adjusting things to your own personal tastes unless you are with-holding them for a price or are otherwise trying to make a profit by editting or modifying a game that is not your own.

Perhaps someone could help clear this up for me? Am I misreading something or was something changed?
As long as your not affecting others experiences (like hacking the game) and not using Riots assets (things like sounds, images, trademark etc...) to make a profit or hurting Riots profits in some way then its totally fine. Of course things like advertising on youtube videos or advertising to keep a fan site going Riot ignores.

At Riot we love to seeing the creativity of this community, its one of the reasons we have the Summoner Showcase.

Note that I'm not a lawyer of course, so this is pretty much my way of explaining this. If you have any specific questions on something you plan to do you can always send an email to support@riotgames.com.

Polly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praeco View Post
These very recent perma bans(the ones going till year 2222) were not aimed at people with custom skins or leaves.

I do not want to disclose the reasons here, but let me assure you that following the Terms of Use will always keep you in the safe zone, so as long as you do this, there's nothing to worry about.
I'm willing to bet you guys finally cracked down on your packet exploit. Made it so easy for hackers to just get free Riot Points (after spending an initial amount). Am I right or does it still work and people are still abusing it? I still remember everyone saying that it was fake lol.

BBKing08

02-25-2011

Yesssss, see u guys in next 200 years.

bylobog44

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
Hey, that guy stole my haircut!
And the dirt stash too?

BBKing08

02-25-2011

Let say it this way: We did sth wrong, and now we must pay for what we did.

That's it, fair and square, although, Riot should increase its security level to prevent something like this happen again in future.

Fairwell folks.

Altámbo

02-25-2011

For wanting Magma Chamber

Tsukinoki

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconfus View Post
mah eyes