What are people being "permabanned" for?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xNECROx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

^ topic

edit@downvotes - There is a string of a few right now.. I'm guessing they have SOMETHING in common.

zankioh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2011

For asking too many questions

Mr Fehr

02-25-2011

for making threads like this one.

Svennyish

02-25-2011

take a look at the terms of use. (link's at the bottom of the page) There are quite a few things that are overlooked, or unknown seeing as how most people don't read it before agreeing to it. Something as minuscule as using custom skins on stream, or that recent spree of 6v6 customs games violate the agreement. There are a few other things that I can't remember off-hand, but Riot can be fairly strict when it comes to abusing their program, as they should.

EDIT: I think I remember seeing something about using bots to IP farm. That's definitely against the agreement too.

iconfus

DarthNocturnis

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svennyish View Post
take a look at the terms of use. (link's at the bottom of the page) There are quite a few things that are overlooked, or unknown seeing as how most people don't read it before agreeing to it. Something as minuscule as using custom skins on stream, or that recent spree of 6v6 customs games violate the agreement. There are a few other things that I can't remember off-hand, but Riot can be fairly strict when it comes to abusing their program, as they should.
Wait...Using custom skins on stream? I must have missed something...I need to go back and read...
(Yes, this is a serious post)

Edit:
Just read through the Terms, found nothing about using custom skins on streams..

Svennyish

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNocturnis View Post
Wait...Using custom skins on stream? I must have missed something...I need to go back and read...
(Yes, this is a serious post)
It's been quite a while since I've read it, but I do believe it mentions that you're not supposed to tamper with the graphics, sounds, images. etc. If people advertise skins to be used, most of the Riot employees really don't give a **** because they can't really "prove" that people are using them, but if someone uses some on stream then people watching may get the misconception about skins that do or don't exist. I know for a fact you can't use custom skins while playing many tournament or league(XPL, ESL) games for this reason.

ChickenStar7

02-25-2011

Not sure if it was a troll but someone said it was for pirating LoL.
How is it even possible in a free game :O.

Gamblez

Recruiter

02-25-2011

Vicariously, I play, while the whole world gets banned.

OminouSx

02-25-2011

Huh? Sven, if that is true then almost ALL of the top players would have been banned. Most of them have custom skins, champion portraits and announcer voices and they stream with 2k+ viewers everyday.

I doubt Riot would ban for something as silly as custom skins which can ONLY be seen by the person who installs it.

12345 ... 6