Change nunu"s ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sn0wwarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2011

ok my basic complaint here is that while its awesome to have an ult that with an AP nunu can do like 1500+ (not sure but i think ive had him close to 2000 damage) but u cant use it cause any little bump ends the ult. Im cool with the damage output on the ult being nerfed if it means i can actually use my ult most of the time. I mean there are games where i use my ult like 10-15 times and it never goes off once in a team fight because u get focused and ult is knocked off. its not good to have a champion that has 3 moves cause his ult is not effective. Is there anyone else out there that agrees with me here or is it just me?

seanzies

06-03-2011

lets pretend there is a made up hero

his name is super duper man

super duper man only has one spell

it doesnt scale with ap dmg or any stat

it is a melee range ability, all it does is activate a channel after he smacks an enemy hero, if the channel finishes your nexus is destroyed and you lose the game

the idea behind super duper man is the easier it is to prevent his ult, the stronger it should be if you dont prevent it.

just by clicking R on nunu, youve done what rammus cant do, taunt an entire team at a range because now you have a guarantee that someone is going to be attacking you and not a squishy, because if they dont, their nexus gets destroyed "metaphorically".

the difference between you and super duper man is if your ult gets interrupted half way you still do half damage, that is why the damage is so high, nunu's ult DOES NOT hit for 2500, it hits for 500-1000 before magic resistance its a massive slow, its a massive galio taunt or an aoe fear as everyone tries to run away or kill him before they get 1 shot.

Bybloss

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzies View Post

it is a melee range ability, all it does is activate a channel after he smacks an enemy hero, if the channel finishes your nexus is destroyed and you lose the game

the idea behind super duper man is the easier it is to prevent his ult, the stronger it should be if you dont prevent it.

just by clicking R on nunu, youve done what rammus cant do, taunt an entire team at a range because now you have a guarantee that someone is going to be attacking you and not a squishy, because if they dont, their nexus gets destroyed "metaphorically".

the difference between you and super duper man is if your ult gets interrupted half way you still do half damage, that is why the damage is so high, nunu's ult DOES NOT hit for 2500, it hits for 500-1000 before magic resistance its a massive slow, its a massive galio taunt or an aoe fear as everyone tries to run away or kill him before they get 1 shot.
Nunus ult doesnt taunt ... it slows......Galio's ult taunts.....

seanzies

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bybloss View Post

si senor, um.... el por favor..... ill have the number 6 with hot sauce and, oh you dont have any more high school level reading? okay ill take a reading comprehension fail and a ******ed post admitting it for everyone to see, and a diet coke.

i love ordering fewd at taco bueno.

TheMagicStik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bybloss View Post
He isnt saying its a taunt he is just saying it forces people to turn around and target nunu with whatever they have to stun taunt etc

Tha Dynamite

06-03-2011

I don't really think Nunu's ult is supposed to be used as initiation. Other champions should initiate and then have all the CC go off and then you should ult.

Alithalor

06-03-2011

Oh boohoo, play Kat.

1. It only hits 3 Champions
2. It has a much smaller Range
3. It doesn't CC

Out of all the AE Ults Kat's has the most cons, least benefits. If it wasn't for her Passive it would be pathetic really.

sn0wwarrior

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzies View Post

ok well first off yourr not factoring the ap added to his move, secondly im pretty sure nunu does no damage unless he channels the full way, and third and i didnt quote you but whoever said that yourr supposed to wait for others to initiate then u go in with ult, you obviously havnt played on teams where u have to have nunu initiate the battle (about half the teams i use nunu on), this is where i am forced to initiate, tank, ult, hope im still alive cause ult did nothing but give me time for team to get there, then run. yes i could just not use ult and focus 1 person and i do that often enough but still its nice to have an ult that could manage to damage.

Tidy Cat

06-03-2011

Nunu's ult is about timing. When a team fight starts wait just a little longer than your gut is telling you. People are gonna be saving their stuns and knockups for you, so you can use that against them. Once they think you aren't going to ult it throws a wrench in their plan and forces them to a) use their stun on someone else or b) not use their ability at all which puts them at a disadvantage while your team beats on them. Once they start fleeing or their focus shifts away from you is when you hit the ult. Also, don't underestimate the utility of your ults slow, it's still useful even if it doesn't peak (and yes, it does deal a percentage of damage when interrupted).

Good use of Flash and/or bushes can make people **** their pants too. Remember, if they don't have vision into the bush then they can't see any of the visual indicators of your ult. I've gotten a lot of kills using that tiny little loner bush in the middle of the river. By the time people realize what's going on it's too late to get away. Great spot to protect your team as they get Baron too.

Cloud Potato

06-03-2011

Nunu's ult is one of the most powerful ults in the game, AND it can hit multiple people. If you could always pull it off, he'd be OP.