Fiddles mostly impossible in mid 1v1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SabbathViper

02-25-2011

There seem to be a lot of theorycrafters in this thread. If you ran in as Teemo and took a pot shot at him, you would only eat a Fear in the process of your dart animation. This would have you drained for the full duration, healing any damage you did to him and f'ing you up in the process. I have the feeling that some of the responders here haven't faced a *good* Fiddle playing aggressively with this strategy, yet.

Even if you took ignite, you would only be counter-acting the amount of health he healed for that one particular fear-drain combination. He'd hurt you just as much while you were feared, and he'd not heal as much. Do you know what would happen then, after your ignite was on cooldown?

He'd just do it again, and heal most of his life back. Or heal on a siege minion from behind his creeps.

It's really hard to defend against.. I guess the answer is simply that Teemo is a bad matchup here due to no ranged CC.

Cenerae

02-25-2011

You beat a Fiddle in the lane by forcing them to waste mana draining creeps. If you can force him to drain a creep by poking him a few times then you can just start hitting him while he's draining. And keep hitting him when he finishes, since it'll still be on cooldown for a few seconds. In this way you force him to blow through his mana pool to stay in the lane and he can't use it to harrass you anymore.

You can get a similar effect by breaking the drain tether then turning round and hitting him. It's obviously not as ideal because you end up taking quite a bit of damage. Which is why some champs will have an easier time than others.

X Zippy X

02-26-2011

Fiddle is annoying to fight against, yes. After the cooldown reduction to his life drain, he becomes an absolute monster 1v1. Heck, he doesn't even need his fear at all. He just needs to get close enough to you. If you avoid, he can simply farm away and not care about you.

Since he relies so heavily on spells, two things hinder him a lot: stun and magic resist. I know it sucks early game, but you'll be surprised how well stacking magic resist can improve your game against a a fiddle. By the time he gets to lvl 6, you won't much care about him. mercury's treads is important. You want to reduced fear time and movement speed to reduce the drain. Having a hero with stun or silence will make him useless very quickly (even with a melee like garen). A ranged dps will have power over him. Like was said, he needs to close the distance. A pair of boots on a ranged hero will give you the advantage. Hit and run, hit and run. He'll be forced to life drain creeps and when he does, attack until he or it stops. Some fiddles will grab flash to help close the distance and allow for the fear + drain combo to work with ranged enemies. There is some care there, but mercury's treads is a great start and you can keep stacking to make fiddle completely useless by mid game.

Maxmatical

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathViper View Post
I was Teemo. Sorry, didn't mean to leave it out. And you're right, I play Vlad a lot, and I can see that not being quite as hard. The problem is that if he sits on your side of the creeps, if you even begin to move forward to last hit or even to harass him, if he's quick, he just runs at you with his Q ready to hit you with it. You may get that quick hit on him but by the time your animation is done playing you've been fear-drained.

It is a very aggressive playstyle. I almost feel like you'd simply have to wait for a gank because he's so far over on your lane. If he got a ward and leaned towards that side of the lane to be able to escape ganks, I can see this being a nightmare for any solo mid.

EDIT - Oh, yeah. He also had Flash, so every couple of minutes he can flash + feardrain you for the whole duration of fear, which is a significant portion of your life.

Your problem is that you played teemo Mid

Belayaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower2009 View Post
Your problem is that you played teemo Mid
Gahahaha, i was going to say that but you beat me to it.
seems everyone doesnt like fighting fiddle mid i personally love it. I play Tristana alot and crush him all the time

Somadelnocha

02-26-2011

As a Fiddle player, I can see where your problems lie:
1) ALWAYS stay out of fear-drain range.These abilities don't have a great initial range, and can be difficult to utilize on characters that stay away.
2) Keep an eye on lane positioning, including brush. Early, I will literally live in the brush until a character passes by and drain is off CD, last hitting creeps as necessary. Don't let yourself be close to brush early for ANY reason if you are laning against Fiddle.

There's probably more I'm forgetting.... but those are the larger points.

Seanner

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somadelnocha View Post
As a Fiddle player, I can see where your problems lie:
1) ALWAYS stay out of fear-drain range.These abilities don't have a great initial range, and can be difficult to utilize on characters that stay away.
2) Keep an eye on lane positioning, including brush. Early, I will literally live in the brush until a character passes by and drain is off CD, last hitting creeps as necessary. Don't let yourself be close to brush early for ANY reason if you are laning against Fiddle.

There's probably more I'm forgetting.... but those are the larger points.
Play Lux and get last hits while supposedly zoned. Kill him with laser at 6.

Play ranged AD and get wit's end to prove that it has a purpose.

Anhi

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathViper View Post
I was Teemo.
Well there's your problem. :3

ZXPrototype

02-26-2011

IF you were to play literelly any other solo mid in the game, you'd fimd fiddle is a pretty easy kill, easy if you have natural stun, and once you deny drain it also becomes easy kill. A good player won't sit idly by while a fiddle sticks is free healing off a catapult.