Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fiddles mostly impossible in mid 1v1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SabbathViper

02-25-2011

I had the misfortune of laning solo against Fiddle earlier, and wonder how it is even possible to do so if he takes fear + drain every level, along with Clarity/Dorans Ring. He sits near the minions, and anytime I would try to last hit, he'd run at me - and if he got close enough, he'd fear me and drain me the entire duration. That is a lot of damage at low level, especially considering that each time he does it, the disparity between our health grows larger - he heals, I lose a lot of life.

It only takes 2 or 3 of these combinations for him to sit on my side of the creeps, denying me experience and farming at his leisure.

This was as early as level 2 or 3 - bad news.

I have a feeling that only Kassadin types with a very long range silence or stun would be able to stand against this aggressive early play, because if he gets off his fear first, there's almost nothing you can do (at least not that I know of).

Yes, I got outplayed in this regard, so don't talk ****.

muusbolla

02-25-2011

Yep Fiddlesticks is very hard to lane against 1v1, especially if they are smart and don't level Dark Wind.

LateralGrudge

02-25-2011

you have failed to mention what champion you were playing. As a ranged carry like Ashe or any champion with a cheap ranged last hitting mechanism (ie mundo's cleaver, annie's disintegrate, vlad's transfusion, urgot's Q etc etc), you should not have a problem with fiddle, as you can harass back to some extent or just keep farming. Its very difficult to answer that question without the full information.

Shasyr

02-25-2011

Fiddle's fear has a very, VERY small range. His drain does too, though if he actually hooks you with it the beam will stretch a good ways. The best way to counter him is with longer range. Step up, harass, run back if he approaches. He can only chase you so far, and when he turns back, harass him again. Silences also kill Fiddle, which is one reason Kass can fare well against him. If he starts approaching you, be ready with the silence - a snare will also do the job, keeping him out of range. Someone who lacks both range and a silence, shouldn't be in mid against Fiddle. If your champion is countered by Fiddle, or he's just faring better than you, ask for a gank (preferred, as he can only fear one of you and his drain can be interrupted) or switch lanes. Also, pack Ignite. If he's getting near, run up and pop Ignite on him to cut his healing. Ignite-like skills are excellent at ruining Fiddle's laneing phase.

SabbathViper

02-25-2011

I was Teemo. Sorry, didn't mean to leave it out. And you're right, I play Vlad a lot, and I can see that not being quite as hard. The problem is that if he sits on your side of the creeps, if you even begin to move forward to last hit or even to harass him, if he's quick, he just runs at you with his Q ready to hit you with it. You may get that quick hit on him but by the time your animation is done playing you've been fear-drained.

It is a very aggressive playstyle. I almost feel like you'd simply have to wait for a gank because he's so far over on your lane. If he got a ward and leaned towards that side of the lane to be able to escape ganks, I can see this being a nightmare for any solo mid.

EDIT - Oh, yeah. He also had Flash, so every couple of minutes he can flash + feardrain you for the whole duration of fear, which is a significant portion of your life.

Shasyr

02-25-2011

The key is never to let him get on your side of the minions. If you, as Teemo, can't force him to his own side with poison, blind, and maybe an auto-attack, something's not right. You also have stealth to your advantage, unless he gets an oracle or drops a ward right by you. Stealth, wait for him to push, unstealth and take a few shots and run. Teemo also has a runspeed increase, at least until you get hit. You have to make it hard for him to ever drain anything at all, ever - you, your minions, your team mate who botched a gank, it doesn't matter. His drain, unless it's on you and you're feared, is saying 'ATTACK ME' as loudly as he can. Be aggressive, until he moves your way - then back off. If he's going to catch you, and you have Ignite, hit him with it before he comboes you.

LateralGrudge

02-25-2011

i think you overestimate your enemy here. it is possible that he was runed to take advantage of this early game damage, but as this player's enemy, you must have harassed back when it started right? so you let him drain you, then you run out of range and back in to tag em with psn or dart, rinse repeat? it seems to me that with a doran sword you could put up a worthwhile defense as long as you never got to the point where he was between you and creeps.

Enkido

Recruiter

02-25-2011

Fidd used to be a nightmare for me as Tryn till I started commonly choosing cleanse as a summoner spell. Many Fidds don't have the forthought to realize that you can cleanse out of both drain and fear, and then they are stuck at your mercy. Flash of course would save him, but it would give you the opportunity to try and do some good dmg to him in return with an ignite and some abilities. Cleanse is also relatively on a short cd.

Hedgemonster

02-25-2011

enkido, are you saying that if you're being hit with a channeled ability, cleanse will break it? I never knew that.

LateralGrudge

02-25-2011

@Enkido: Cleanse should not get you out of fiddle's Drain, just as it does not get you out of Morgana's Shackles: because it is not a stun/slow/disable/taunt/hambone. It would however get you out of Fear.

Related: Quicksilver Sash is likes Cleanse on steroids, and removes ALL DEBUFFS from your champion INCLUDING IGNITE