Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

First Ranked Game - So How Does Elo Work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceTech

02-25-2011

Hello everyone!
So i just reached lvl 30 and of course had to try out ranked.
Long story short, my team won and i had a score of 6/2/10 with amumu. Also there werent any leavers thankfully.
When I finished the game i saw that i only got IP and when i looked at my profile it said at solo queue 5v5 'Unranked' (with W:1).
So do I have to win a certain amount of games before i can get elo? Or what?

I'm confused.

WeiYun

02-25-2011

10 games to show elo

Coodler

02-25-2011

elo is hidden at first, and remains hidden to others if below 1200 ( I believe) - your score and champ played etc etc don't matter.

Zenharu

02-25-2011

You have to play a certain amount of games, to become Ranked, but you will Gain/lose Elo whether or not you're Ranked. You also have to be above a certain Elo (I think it's 1250) in order for your Elo to be visable by other people.

Swolegantor

02-25-2011

Elo works on a pretty simple system. It involves players refusing to accept they aren't very good then making forum threads telling riot their game sucks and they wont buy and more RP until they fix matchmaking (assuming their mother gives them money to buy RP).

IceTech

02-25-2011

Quote:
Zenharu:
You have to play a certain amount of games, to become Ranked, but you will Gain/lose Elo whether or not you're Ranked. You also have to be above a certain Elo (I think it's 1250) in order for your Elo to be visable by other people.

So even though my elo isnt shown I've gotten some?
Because like I said after the game it said i got 61 IP but didnt say anything about elo.