Shaco Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killustration

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

I've been jungling with shaco trying to accelerate and get better with him.

From reading a bunch of guides and what not, this is the issue i'm having
If there is no chance to gank a lane @ 3-4, mid to late I find myself starved and not being able to do jack. Especially against Tanky / DPS like Xin , Trundle, etc. and I feel literally useless on my team not being able to hop in team fights and stay in without being insta gibbed.

Is it a thing where you need to gank lanes non stop asap and leave the jungle @ that time(level 3-4) or go back in and keep jungling?

Any tips?
would be greatly appreciated

AWordToTheWise

02-25-2011

Go to the other teams jungle and steal their stuff
If you arent comfortable ganking the side lane try the midde, thats probably the easier lane to gank. If all else fails just go counter jungle

King Kend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

If there is no opportunity to gank a lane, invade the enemy jungle (depending on their jungler....don't try to gank nunu, udyr or WW)
If you cannot invade enemy jungle, continue through yours until you get blue.
If you cannot finish your route for some odd reason, go b and buy boots.

downfall20

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWordToTheWise View Post
Go to the other teams jungle and steal their stuff
If you arent comfortable ganking the side lane try the midde, thats probably the easier lane to gank. If all else fails just go counter jungle
Pretty much this.

Shaco's mobility + strength in his jungle means he is very effective at counter jungling. If no ganks are available, go put pressure on the enemy jungle.

Killustration

02-25-2011

What boots would be best? I've seen berserker's and mobility used often. But i'm unsure which would be optimal, I'm guessing if invading enemy jungle Mobility would be nice to get around quickly?

Misere Do Queijo

02-25-2011

xin isnt a dps, he is more like a burst

Sasori of Krieg

02-25-2011

If you have trouble living or killing people get Ionians....CDR is always nice.

Excitement

Recruiter

02-25-2011

I highly suggest ALWAYS trying for first blood against enemy junglers. If you watch Reginalds Shaco tutorial @ solomid.net you can see how he does it which pretty much is how I jungle with Shaco. Follow that path and as soon as you hit level 4. Get to the enemy red. If its already gone he may have gone to mini golems. I prefer using ignite as it always helps me seal the deal on getting kills in the enemy jungle. Its also great when I'm going against a warwick as he would try healing the damage with his Q/passive. You gotta be smart though and know when exactly you need to jump in for the kill. Shaco is all about knowing when the time is right to commit. Alot of junglers usually that do red when starting at blue get pretty low on HP. If they are going to do blue golem try to box bait. Drop 4-5 boxes in the bush and wait for the jungler to enter like a sucker. Usually that nearly instagibs someone at lvl 3-5 or gets them low enough for a deceive to the back + two shiv. If the enemy has no jungler, try ganking mid if possible. WHATEVER YOU DO... NEVER EVER risk losing double buffs. Thats the last thing you want your enemy to have.

Killustration

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
I highly suggest ALWAYS trying for first blood against enemy junglers. If you watch Reginalds Shaco tutorial @ solomid.net you can see how he does it which pretty much is how I jungle with Shaco. Follow that path and as soon as you hit level 4. Get to the enemy red. If its already gone he may have gone to mini golems. I prefer using ignite as it always helps me seal the deal on getting kills in the enemy jungle. Its also great when I'm going against a warwick as he would try healing the damage with his Q/passive. You gotta be smart though and know when exactly you need to jump in for the kill. Shaco is all about knowing when the time is right to commit. Alot of junglers usually that do red when starting at blue get pretty low on HP. If they are going to do blue golem try to box bait. Drop 4-5 boxes in the bush and wait for the jungler to enter like a sucker. Usually that nearly instagibs someone at lvl 3-5 or gets them low enough for a deceive to the back + two shiv. If the enemy has no jungler, try ganking mid if possible. WHATEVER YOU DO... NEVER EVER risk losing double buffs. Thats the last thing you want your enemy to have.
Awesome, will def. look in to this.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

trollolo1

02-25-2011

shaco is always able to do jack

what are you talking about