Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who wants New maps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RabidDog

02-25-2011

Dear Riot,

New maps please?

I'm tired of two maps, I'm tired of 5v5 and 3v3 how about you make some new maps, with like 7v7 or 4v4 or 11v11 I don't care! Just some thing new please.

Season 2 we get new maps, its been like a year since you said you were working on season 2, yet it hasn't come!

Do you need Ideas on maps like ****, look at random landscapes. You can make a snowy mountain map! how about random avalanches on the map to add some strategy! How about a molten, or volcanic map where lava rises in random locations during the game. And why not make a new game mode or something how about a total war zone where minions spawn faster and in larger numbers, and lets say its like a king of the hill type deal so You have to capture points until you capture the nexus rather than destroy turrets. Make it more fast paced or something, Just some Ideas.

JohnPetrucci

02-25-2011

They are working on one (Magma Chamber).

And I'm afraid that in a game like LoL, random landscapes won't cut it.

Arisal

Recruiter

02-25-2011

never seen this post before /sarcasm

Swipe Knife

Recruiter

02-25-2011

Personally, i don't care. It could come out in 6 months for all I care. Yeah, it would be nice to have the option, but i'm not remotely miffed by its absence.

Igresh

02-25-2011

Magma Chamber has not been released yet because they are waiting to release the graphic updates first. After that they will probably start on the next map.

Rafein

02-25-2011

should be working on more than one.

Playing the same map over and over gets boring Should be AT LEAST 5 maps or 3's and 5'd/

Swipe Knife

Recruiter

02-25-2011

Quote:
Rafein:
should be working on more than one.

Playing the same map over and over gets boring Should be AT LEAST 5 maps or 3's and 5'd/

Then stop playing MoBA's in the DotA vein. Play an RTS if you need scenery changes.

chaito

02-25-2011

New and Exciting

Lacesso

02-25-2011

I imagine they are working on more than one map at the moment but due to the idiocy of this community they refrain from disclosing this so that they don't get grief for it.

Byakk087

02-25-2011

Release of new maps is halted until the graphical update, because Riot isn't into doing twice the volume of work (getting it to work under the old engine, and the new engine) for each map.

Deal with it.