Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are Yordles going extinct?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

red0231

02-25-2011

Quote:
Vurtuso:
Like where are they all?ever since kennen they just died out or something...

You say they need companionship :O where is the rest of them lol....

I think you need every part of a species dead before you can classify them as extinct.

Zielmann

02-25-2011

Quote:
Byakk087:
It's actually a moronic meme that some people like to throw around whenever yordles are mentioned.

...My opinion on it is hopefully clear.

Just a moronic meme? Umm... no. Somebody wasn't around in beta to remember the old lore, were they?

But on topic, yes, we need more yordles. They definitely aren't extinct, though. A vast majority of games I play as Teemo or Kennen. We'll probably get a new yordle at some point (hope so, cause I'm tired of all these generic-human-model characters coming out).

Also, you said yordles thrive in communities, which is true. But the ones that made it to the League are mostly ones that ended up in isolation for one reason or another, which really messes with their minds. This is why they -can- fight, because yordles are typically peace-loving.

ArkhamHorror

02-25-2011

Quote:
Zielmann:
Just a moronic meme? Umm... no. Somebody wasn't around in beta to remember the old lore, were they?

This.

Byakk087

02-25-2011

Except it did get changed, and the meme is constantly bringing it up in spite of that fact.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

MrGuppy

02-25-2011

there is no megling stop spewing lies!

Zielmann

02-25-2011

Quote:
Byakk087:
Except it did get changed, and the meme is constantly bringing it up in spite of that fact.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

Yeah, it gets brought up with most talk of Yordles. And yes, it got changed. But there were quite a few people from back then that didn't really like the changes to the lore that were made. This is just one of the most visible and known examples of that change.

Byakk087

02-25-2011

Quote:
Zielmann:
Yeah, it gets brought up with most talk of Yordles. And yes, it got changed. But there were quite a few people from back then that didn't really like the changes to the lore that were made. This is just one of the most visible and known examples of that change.

I can dig not liking a retcon - sometimes they suck, it happens. But to constantly rail on and on about it? Every single time even a passing opportunity to spew the same tired statements again and again? For no purpose other then doing so?

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it, man.

(DISCLAIMER: I could name retcons I'm not personally a big fan of.. but, then that'd be doing essentially the same thing, wouldn't it? Instead, I'm going to take my own advice on the matter and back away from the subject in specific. This disclaimer here to point out I understand the viewpoint - I really do - and that I also realize it serves no one to kvetch about it.)

steamTRAIN1337

02-25-2011

Hate yordles, do not want.

Dairuka

02-25-2011

More Yordles, More Fun at their parties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7pceX_Mnk#t=1m02s

Benadryl Jackson

Recruiter

02-25-2011

Yordles are cool, but from a game mechanics standpoint they are OP for the same reason Oddjob was OP in Goldeneye for N64 -- too **** small to target!