Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It's not luck

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UchihaWalid

02-25-2011

Quote:
LegendaryCaoCao:
If someone says this:

"You're so lucky. You have no skill noob. (etc.)"

You say this:

"I'm playing with my feet right now because I'm eating"

But I really do that

Jath

02-25-2011

Quote:
K0opaTr0opa:
When someone is crying luck, tell them that they spelled skill wrong.

I was thinking the same thing.

Nerlis

02-25-2011

+1, people just don't like to get overskilled by som1 and start saying everyone except them are '****ing lucky'. But when they manage to get out of a gank : ''Pro?''

chumbler

02-25-2011

Narrow escapes aren't all due to skill. Certainly many of them are, but sometimes you live because the other person made a mistake. I guess maybe you can't truly call that luck, but you can't really call it skill either. I at least refer to luck in the sense that sometimes things are due to factors that you were not actively controlling. Like maybe a minion shot that would've killed you didn't happen because you were just out of range. You most likely weren't consciously controlling your movement so that that didn't happen, you just lucked out in the sense that how you moved had that effect. Or your health regen just barely manages to save you from an ignite. It's a bit conceited and false to claim that every escape you've ever made is due solely to your own skill.

Sometimes it is pure luck, like when skill shot targeting bugs out as it occasionally does and your skill shot goes in completely the wrong direction (see Nidalee.)

King Kend

02-25-2011

If you get three parrrrly crits in a row in lane, that's luck.
If you skillshot into jungle randomly for lulz and get a kill, that's luck.

Oberic

Recruiter

02-25-2011

Here's one (let's call the enemy "luck" guy, Mundo.)
Mundo ignites you and backs off, assuming it will kill you.
You pop a potion right before he ignites.
You live.
Mundo: "omg ur so lucky!"
You: "Potion."
*A summoner has disconnected.* (mundo quit.)

Yeah, that happened to me. lol, so win.

Pika Fox

02-25-2011

Its 100% noob if you flash out of a gank

its luck if you get away with 2 HP because of a dodge and you arent jax or sivir.

ironically the dumb irelia that kept saying it was because she was pro rage quit later from being 1st target in fights and tower dive killed constantly. dont piss off the enemy twitch.

UchihaWalid

02-25-2011

Quote:
King Kend:
If you get three parrrrly crits in a row in lane, that's luck.
If you skillshot into jungle randomly for lulz and get a kill, that's luck.

Yup factors like that can be classified as ''luck''

However Parley is a RNG based ability and its the biggest factor deciding for its damage output is luck imo as the amount of dmg is most likely not predictable

skillshoting randomly in a jungle is without a doubt luck