How will tanky Dps be nerfed this time?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JRightLive

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansre View Post
I love that you use the Morde example.

Bads really need to l2p.
Morde can be replaced with many other names.. Bliz, Udry, Garen (still), Mundo, Sion (naturally tanky).

Rossa Auster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
Inb4 Nerfs to Global Mana Regen, Health Regen, Support-related Cooldown items and/or possibly even AP ratios on rarely-used champions.

What do you guys think riot has in store for those silly tanky dps?

Probably another absurd attempt which shows either:

1) Riot has little idea how to address the issue
2) New testers are needed. Time to boot the current ones out and get all new blood in.

Most likely the nerf will hit a few items and a few champions to appease the community just enough to quiet them.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlandyOver View Post
Start building ranged carries as tanky DPS and then all DPS will be tanky DPS.
Besides that issue where Tanky DPS have a decent amount of base damage to start with, and ranged carries don't.

Ranged carries need to build AD items, or that tristana will be hitting you for 50s, no matter how long it takes for you to kill her.

got321321

02-25-2011

if they nerf tanky dps, they will nerf caster, in the next 3 month for sure. because caster/burster are just as good as tank.

Sturg86

02-25-2011

most(not all) tanky dps have great base damage and relatively poor scaling, compared to a true dps carry.

which means that if your stupid carry actually spent a minor amount of gold on a defensive item, the tanky dps probably cant take them out quickly enough to save the rest of their team, without sacrificing all of their tankyness.

JRightLive

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by got321321 View Post
if they nerf tanky dps, they will nerf caster, in the next 3 month for sure. because caster/burster are just as good as tank.
I disagree with this.... The down side to casters is after their burst then what?? This is the one thing keeping casters in check... Tanky DPS doesn't have this 'then what' problem... They run at you soak up ur damage and keep running at you... Not to mention that most of them have some sort of disable that cause even more problems. If Tanks can carry the team to victory then what is the purpose of a carry??

Pushkar

02-25-2011

so just cc the tanky dps
just put anything on them i bet even a silence would work.

a balanced team composition can always beat a tanky-dps team composition.

the damage output that ranged carries like tristana can dish out is far more than what renekton or morde can do.
i mean seriously 90% attack speed boost with no item is just ridiculous.
there is no tanky dps that can match that.

also, tanky dps champions are melee, easy targets for your casters.
just have your tank do his thing, take aggro, taunt stun whatever and nuke his ass down and let your carry take the last 2-3 hits.

the REAL issue is nobody uses armor penetration/magic penetration.
with offensive masteries and a void staff you can have 55% magic pen that means they need AT LEAST 200 MR to even reduce your 1.5K nuke by 50%...and many casters are AOE.
what are your cooldowns? 3 seconds? just get lost until you can come and rape face again.
kennen - aoe stun, ridiculous damage
kennen + hourglass would probably burn down an entire tanky-dps team by a large amount since they cant run away cause theyre MELEE!!!
and they're tanky dps.
your real hard-ass tank who has 250 armor 150 mr 3K health massive CC beats their 150 armor 90 MR massive cc.

i wont even talk about what ranged carries do to them while under CC...actually i will.

its all about positioning, and using your cc properly.

JRightLive

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushkar View Post
so just cc the tanky dps
just put anything on them i bet even a silence would work.

a balanced team composition can always beat a tanky-dps team composition.

the damage output that ranged carries like tristana can dish out is far more than what renekton or morde can do.
i mean seriously 90% attack speed boost with no item is just ridiculous.
there is no tanky dps that can match that.

also, tanky dps champions are melee, easy targets for your casters.
just have your tank do his thing, take aggro, taunt stun whatever and nuke his ass down and let your carry take the last 2-3 hits.

the REAL issue is nobody uses armor penetration/magic penetration.
with offensive masteries and a void staff you can have 55% magic pen that means they need AT LEAST 200 MR to even reduce your 1.5K nuke by 50%...and many casters are AOE.
what are your cooldowns? 3 seconds? just get lost until you can come and rape face again.
kennen - aoe stun, ridiculous damage
kennen + hourglass would probably burn down an entire tanky-dps team by a large amount since they cant run away cause theyre MELEE!!!
and they're tanky dps.
your real hard-ass tank who has 250 armor 150 mr 3K health massive CC beats their 150 armor 90 MR massive cc.

i wont even talk about what ranged carries do to them while under CC.
I don't like to call ppl wrong, but you are so wrong on so many levels... Firstly EVERYBODY use Armor Pen & Magic Pen.. I havn't seen a carry not get a LW or BC or something of the sort with runes... Not sure where u got that from.

In regards to your Tristana reference... What happens when she is CC'd or exhausted? I'm not saying her damage output is much greater I'm saying that if it is that great she can't survive long enough to deal the massive damage out put... Meanwhile the Tanky DPS can soak up your cc &/or exhaust and still deal loads of damage... If Tris survives long enough to deal all of this damage then the problem is with the other team in general

Wra7h

02-25-2011

Its hard one.
They can reduce the HP on the bruiser but unless they increase their DPS to be on par with the rest of the dpsers they will be useless. But if they do that then they are killing the variety of champions and play stiles.
If they reduce their dmg output (ok, there are few champs that need this) those champions will just stand there in the battle doing nothing.
So the line for balancing is very thin.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

02-25-2011

I'm personally in favor of lowering movement speed on all bruisers. That **** brought ranged DPS back in line pretty well.

If you're carrying all that armor and hp around, you shouldn't be so ****ing fast.