A Question about Queueing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caelestiss

01-31-2010

when you queue, lets say for solo and you find a match, is this the same match you would find if you were to queue with an arranged team but also queued solo?

like, are you going to find the same games if you queued solo in an arranged team game, or would you find more games with arranged teams on them in general even though you were solo yourself?

i've wondered this for a while, i hope its not too hard to understand xD

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-31-2010

Teams are more likely to face other teams, and teams have a slightly higher ELO because there is a greater assumption of teamwork

Caelestiss

01-31-2010

no i'm saying if you queue as a solo person in an arranged team queue

like "as a team" but without a team

that kinda thing, hard to explain :P

AzuuCookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2010

I presume that it would still only be counted as if you were soloing since the average of your ELO is your ELO.

Caelestiss

01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuuCookie View Post
I presume that it would still only be counted as if you were soloing since the average of your ELO is your ELO.

maybe.. im just wondering what the truth of hte matter is

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-01-2010

I think I get what you're saying, lemme see if I can put it out.

You're asking if you get paired with the same opposing team if you get setup with or without an arranged team?

So visually does,

Solo (you) + Solo + Solo + Solo + Solo - vs - Team X

the same as

Solo (you) + Solo + Arranged 1 + Arranged 2 + Arranged 3 - vs - Team X

If that's the case, then the answer is yes for the most part. Your ELO determines your placement in the matchmakers, so lets say for example, you're ELO is 1000. You'll get paried with and against other people who are near your ELO. If they're all solos, that means that every player on your team has an ELO of around 1000. If some of them are Pre-Arranged, that means that their ELO + the arranged team penalty gives them an ELO around 1000, so either way your team ends up at the same overall ELO.

There are a couple caveats to this in that, you could get paired slightly higher as an ELO balancer, and also that the matchmaker is not working 100% correctly right now and might bounce things around a bit. Also, if you queue for a while, the matchmaker becomes slightly less concerned about matching ELOs, so in practice solo queueing with arranged and solo partners might end up with slightly different games.

Caelestiss

02-01-2010

Aregionius thank you for your response!

unfortunately i'm talkin about something slightly different let me try to put it in the terms you have put things so that you can more easily understand what it is i am havin a hard time sayin

lets see....

Solo (me-queued from solo queue) + Solox5 vs team X

Solo (me-queued from arranged team) + ? vs Team X?

in other words, if i queue solo from 'solo queue' am i going to encounter this same 'team x' or am i going to encounter 'team y' because they queued arranged team like i did.

so even though i'm queueing solo, i'm doing it in arranged team, without any partners. Do i still get the +100 added to my elo for queueing in arranged team ,and would that also make me more apt to find partners that are in an arranged team, even though i queued solo-in-arrenged-team?

the reason i'm asking is because i'm not sure if anyone has thought about this, or if you guys intended on making arranged team unable to queue for a match without 2 or more players.

if it is the case that you find more arranged teams even when queuing solo-in-arranged-team it would be something worth noting from a players perspective.

thanks again for your response i appreciate the attention given to the post

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-01-2010

Arranged teams of any size have their ELO changed, so if you're part of an arranged team, you will always have that penalty added to your matchmaking.

If you solo queue, you never have that penalty applied, it doesn't matter if you're with a bunch of other solo queues, or with 2,3 or 4 people in an arranged team.

Quote:
the reason i'm asking is because i'm not sure if anyone has thought about this, or if you guys intended on making arranged team unable to queue for a match without 2 or more players.
I'm not 100% sure you're using the terms correctly, as you cannot be on an "arranged team" without at least 2 players. Arranged team just means that you hit the "Arranged Team" button and invited 1,2,3 or 4 friends to play with you rather than hitting "Solo Queue." If you're playing a practice game, none of this applies.

Is that hitting on what you're asking or am I still missing something?

Caelestiss

02-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
I'm not 100% sure you're using the terms correctly, as you cannot be on an "arranged team" without at least 2 players. Arranged team just means that you hit the "Arranged Team" button and invited 1,2,3 or 4 friends to play with you rather than hitting "Solo Queue." If you're playing a practice game, none of this applies.

Is that hitting on what you're asking or am I still missing something?

what i mean by arranged team is the option of play, which but you're pressing to queue up with. you can queue by yourself in an 'arranged team' style of play, which is the core of what im asking, if that makes any sense

thre is a solo button and and arranged team button, by arranged team all i mean is that you're queuing from the arranged team button, but without anyone else on your team.

if you try it, it is possible to do which is why i've always wondered

but i think you did answer my question by saying that arranged teams of *any size* have their elo changed.

so by queuing by myself with the arranged team button i would basically be upping the difficulty of the game i'm going to be set up with, assuming enough games are present for the script to choose from.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-01-2010

Ok, I think I get it now, you're solo queuing by clicking on the Arranged Team button but not inviting anyone else?

If that's the case, I believe it functions exactly like solo queuing and you should recieve no ELO change.