Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Early Game Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEATH WISH 13

02-24-2011

i love twitch and is great mid an exshust and ignite with stealth you can kill any range character mid early game i like to go with dorans shield as the health and health regenation and defence is great early game meaning you stay in lane longer than some on with the blade (4% life just not worth it)

Hi Im Jason Ta

02-25-2011

In my opinion, boots early game on some as squishy as Twitch doesn't work out so well. Sure you can move around faster but you have Ambush which doesn't require you to move fast since you can get around them without being noticed. I personally think Twitch in mid isn't really effective early game because there are a lot more heroes who can take Twitch's low damage output early game while dealing more. This is due to Twitch's reliance on autoattack. Exhaust is great on Twitch but what if they're an AP user. Twitch has extremely low magic resist allowing him to get killed by a burst AP. Early game Twitch is only good for ganking other lanes and is pretty much useless in 1v1.

Narnak

02-25-2011

Twitch not good at 1v1? Srs? That is his entire strategy...pick off people 1 by 1. Ambush from behind, auto till they are low, Expunge to finish them off, then restealth and GTFO before the reinforcements arrive. He just needs AD and armor penetration...maybe attack speed late but gets enough early from Ambush.

Tarnace

02-25-2011

Twitch is a weak character that snow balls when fed

Best runes are crit and armor pen. His new ult is severly weakened but actually a buff when used in crit builds.

Twitch has received 7 nerfs in a row, he is a very bad 1v1, with a few exceptional match ups (the best being himself). Your best bet is to run to an unsuspecting lane and 2v1/3v2 them down, gaining you the kill money and exp needed to finish the game.

Yes you are a rat - fight dirty

Double Stacker

02-26-2011

Quote:
PardonMySwag:
ROFL? People still use malady on twitch, despite everyone saying how bad it was then, and even worse now? Talking about the "nice effects" of magic damage when twitch is a PHYSICAL hard carry. Get it through your think brains people, malady has never/will be good.

As for the OP, lookup Dan Dinh's guide on twitch via google. Very high rated elo player with good tips. Also: Starting out with boots and hp pots one on of the squishiest champions in the game? Good luck with that 420 hp you start out with, and very little armor/mresist.

I love how people down vote one of the better (if not best) posts so far this thread.

Twitch is AD carry and therefore get AD items... NOT malady. while it is true that malady would help expunge... there are simply better items for twitch.

lets flip it around.

You don't see AP carry's getting attack damage items for their auto attacks do you?

Also. Dan Dinh is a respectable and well known player. If anything else, follow his advice, not those of random people that are not guaranteed to be good--including my own. However I'm not offering advise, but rather simple logic.

I'll use lay man's terms... A stranger (random poster/stranger on these forums--including myself) tells you that McDonalds is good for you. Your doctor (in this case Dan Dinh) saying that it's bad for you. who will you listen to?

Chingmeister

02-26-2011

This is how I play and understand Twitch:
http://community-na.static.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=519129

Personally, I still think he is overpowered. Stealth is binary, and Twitch at level 1 has the highest dps in the game, so he can basically kill anyone.

Exhaust becoming non-cleansable buffed Twitch into the stratosphere, but few people understand why.

Vallant

02-26-2011

Quote:
yonny79:
I love how people down vote one of the better (if not best) posts so far this thread.

Twitch is AD carry and therefore get AD items... NOT malady. while it is true that malady would help expunge... there are simply better items for twitch.

lets flip it around.

You don't see AP carry's getting attack damage items for their auto attacks do you?

Also. Dan Dinh is a respectable and well known player. If anything else, follow his advice, not those of random people that are not guaranteed to be good--including my own. However I'm not offering advise, but rather simple logic.

I'll use lay man's terms... A stranger (random poster/stranger on these forums--including myself) tells you that McDonalds is good for you. Your doctor (in this case Dan Dinh) saying that it's bad for you. who will you listen to?

Just because someone isn't well known doesn't mean they dont offer solid advice. Malady on twitch is a good early to mid game item that you replace in the late game. Simply because if you have any heavy AP damage on the team the malady shots with Twitch's atk spd will boost any AP carrys damage just that much.

Simply put, just because someone isn't well known doesn't mean their advice is ****. Best way to figure it out is to put it to the test.

FlyingFortress

03-02-2011

Something that i think fixes Twitch is Lifesteal.

I used to play a part-jungle start Ezreal where i would begin the game rushing Wriggles lantern so i could grab red buff really early, it worked wonders for my gankability.

Twitch has the some of the same problems Ez has, bad defence, hard to escape if focused, able to start a fight but not always finish well. Wriggles gives armor, a decent sized chunk of lifesteal, a proc that helps him farm lanes better (because he lacks an ability to lasthit), an active that can help him see ganks coming early so he can stealth or pre-emptively run, and the ability to get redbuff early which helps him chase folks down more effectively and keep them in expunge range.

Something to think about.

WoolySantaBoy

03-02-2011

http://leaguedb.com/builds/24-invisiblty-is-a-joke

I've made this guide, and I think it may help you! Not many good Twitch guides out there :P

At least try it, and comment it if it works.