Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Early Game Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightswitchoDoom

02-24-2011

I picked up the Rat recently and I'm quite enjoying him, but as I'm coming from Poppy the mentality required is pretty different. By and large, I'm pretty good once I get some items in my build (focusing on Attack Speed, Damage, with Bloodthirster for additional damage and LS, and BoM for speed.), but I'm largely unable to handle an early game 1v1 in a lane.

Ambush or Expunge allows me a quick advantage, but Twitch's squishiness leads me to be laid out before I can finish off the target. My runes are Damage, Attack Speed, and Cooldowns (the last is subject to change) and I typically roll out with Dorian's blade at the match's start.

I'd greatly appreciate any tips that could lead me to having a better early game; be they items, runes, spells, or playstyles.

Ehrenpreis

02-24-2011

You need some armor pen

DrDragun

02-24-2011

Well if you want to gank early or counterjungle you can get stunt items like Wits End to solve the problems you talk about, but really the way you are playing is better which is to farm and own it up lategame.

If you really want some early blood with Twitch then roll with Exhaust, Doran Blade and Wits End which will provide you some defense (you can exhaust them so they do less damage while taking more damage from you) and Wits End will quickly drain their mana at low levels so they can't counterattack you very well.

Vallant

02-24-2011

I personally dont like Dorans Blade to start with on Twitch. I will generally go for boots and pots or a dagger and pots and build into my first item quick. Malady is a nice one, since it adds magic res reduction it will make expunge do that much more. Arpen on twitch will also help with early ganks. Raw damage is to easily countered, arpen is better all around. I do agree with BoM, but I also tend to throw in a Phantom just for that extra crit/move/atkspd so when it comes to offing a turret I'm kicking out 240 damage a shot at around 2 shots a second. With the stealth bonus, if you do it right, you can solo towers just like Yi.

Mr Threepwood

02-24-2011

Here's the thing, and I see a lot of newer players with this problem, Twitch is a lowsy 1v1. Just because you've got surprise doesn't mean you can finish the fight. If the enemy turns and runs, good for you, if they stay and fight? Not so much, you need some other advantage.

Your surprise helps you gank when they are in a bad position, near your tower, low health, when an ally is around. Your surprise is NOT for getting behind a full health (or near full health) champ and laying them out. As twitch, unless you are facing someone who's even worse in a 1v1, DON'T fight enemies alone if they are at full health. Late game when you're fed from ganking, sure, perhaps you can take out some of their characters alone, but until then, play it safe and rape with a partner.

Vallant

02-24-2011

I wanna argue with Three on one point. If you got the life steal and attack speed early enough, Starks and Malady just as a base, then you really can finish off a enemy midgame from full life, if you time your expunge to hit at 5 stacks instead of 6 so you can slow them and hit a full 6 stack expunge if they are about to get away.

However, late game fed Twitch offing people is pretty much true. The only champ I've actually had problems with 1v1 is Olaf. I can take out pretty much everyone else, and have soloed Maokai down in about 7 seconds before being called a BDing noob and other such things.

ooSKILLZoo

Recruiter

02-24-2011

i really need a guide on this.. T.T

Mr Threepwood

02-24-2011

Quote:
Vallant:
I wanna argue with Three on one point. If you got the life steal and attack speed early enough, Starks and Malady just as a base, then you really can finish off a enemy midgame from full life, if you time your expunge to hit at 5 stacks instead of 6 so you can slow them and hit a full 6 stack expunge if they are about to get away.

However, late game fed Twitch offing people is pretty much true. The only champ I've actually had problems with 1v1 is Olaf. I can take out pretty much everyone else, and have soloed Maokai down in about 7 seconds before being called a BDing noob and other such things.

If you're fed you can take out anyone, but with lack of any CC, no real survival items, and underwhelming damage, even mid game (unless very fed) most champs will stun/blind/nock up/ whatever you and finish you near before it ends. Or just burst you to death. Try to 1v1 a Ryze or veigar some time (Or anivia, AP ez, ap just about anyone, ashe...). Ugly stuff. Long story short, Twitch doesn't have the damage output of most ranged carries, and certainly not the survivability. If you know they don't have their ult/exhaust available though... Maybe.

PardonMySwag

02-24-2011

ROFL? People still use malady on twitch, despite everyone saying how bad it was then, and even worse now? Talking about the "nice effects" of magic damage when twitch is a PHYSICAL hard carry. Get it through your think brains people, malady has never/will be good.

As for the OP, lookup Dan Dinh's guide on twitch via google. Very high rated elo player with good tips. Also: Starting out with boots and hp pots one on of the squishiest champions in the game? Good luck with that 420 hp you start out with, and very little armor/mresist.

Teotlic

02-24-2011

Quote:
PardonMySwag:
ROFL? People still use malady on twitch, despite everyone saying how bad it was then, and even worse now? Talking about the "nice effects" of magic damage when twitch is a PHYSICAL hard carry. Get it through your think brains people, malady has never/will be good.

As for the OP, lookup Dan Dinh's guide on twitch via google. Very high rated elo player with good tips. Also: Starting out with boots and hp pots one on of the squishiest champions in the game? Good luck with that 420 hp you start out with, and very little armor/mresist.

Kog'Maw would like a word with you.