Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

10K Shopping Spree

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

s7ranburgLar

02-24-2011

I've (almost) saved up 10,000 IP, what should I spend it on?
Some champs I'm interested in: Udyr, Heimerdinger, Teemo.

Stillhart

02-24-2011

Tier 3 Runes will eat all that and then some.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-24-2011

Only buy someone you have tried out, using your hard earned IP on someone you don't end up liking will be hard to swallow. If you need to buy a new champion right now, get a 450 or 1350 one so that you at least have plenty more IP left to spend on someone you try.

Every week try out the free champions that you don't own and haven't played recently. If you find one of them you enjoy, either buy them or take note for future reference.

Sloejean

02-24-2011

Agreed with Stillhart and Panzerfaust. Runes cost a metric **** ton of IP and unlocking champions without trying them out is risky. Find what kind of champions you like playing through free weeks, buy runes that benefit your playstyle and then unlock champions.

Dyr0nejk2

02-24-2011

Frankly the best way is to pick one champ (preferably a cheap one) become really good with that one, and then go out on a rune spree at lvl 20 with my first account that sucked i did not save for runes and was at a severe disadvantage. I started over and I found at level 20 I had just that extra edge that let me do better than my opponents

DocBarber

02-24-2011

+1 for this thread

I'm in almost the exact same situation and was thinking about what to do but it looks like getting runes once I hit 20 is the way to go. Thanks to s7ranburgLar for asking first
And thanks to all the vets for answering

ReD CL0uD

02-25-2011

I would buy these runes that will work with ANY champion in the game:

Armor and Magic Pen Marks - buy whichever you play more of: physical or magical damage

HP/lvl Seals -I think scaled HP is better than flat, but u might like flat better if u die a lot early

CDR(cooldown reduction) Glyphs - I prefer flat, but some like per level

HP Quints - obviously, its always good to have these

If you purchase these runes, you will create good stats for any champ you play and from there you can start buying the champs you really like. I'd always buy runes before champs. They really do improve your gameplay greatly. There is always at least 1 free champion that I find fun to play each week. I only have 1 I actually purchased and currently don't have a full rune page tuned for that champ yet. Still trying them all to see if there is something i like better!

Stillhart

02-25-2011

Quote:
Tyronejk2:
Frankly the best way is to pick one champ (preferably a cheap one) become really good with that one, and then go out on a rune spree at lvl 20 with my first account that sucked i did not save for runes and was at a severe disadvantage. I started over and I found at level 20 I had just that extra edge that let me do better than my opponents

Wow, that's pretty extreme. I don't really think you needed to start over. I would not recommend others do this. You were definitely not at a "severe disadvantage" from not having T3 runes at L20.

And honestly, even if you were, matchmaking would get you to your proper level and after a few games you wouldn't even notice.