[Guide] Tactics: Itís What Separates the Good and the Bad, by SciencePrime

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SciencePrime

03-15-2011

Made it to the guide list! Thanks for everyone's support and feedback.

Calvin94

03-15-2011

So, what exactly was the point in writing this guide? To show the world that you know not to focus tanks, when to baron, when to team fight, etc? Terrible way to rant at noobs. You have 600 games "under the belt" and what? I've seen baddies with 1000 games under their belt and I still rip them up. I have, what 250 games played in both ranked and normal, and I still can tear up most people who have 1000+ games played.

So why write this guide, other than to teach level 10s how to play the game, which would probably happen after some level 30 with his alternate tells them. By the way, half the ******s that play this game don't even lurk the forums, so by writing this guide you not only wasted time and effort, but you just showed people how much time you have on your hands. And even in a year's worth of playing, you still can't even pull yourself into a better ELO bracket?

And none of this even explains advanced situational game play. This is all implying that the scores are even and the skill levels of people are at par with each other. This is never the case and that is what truly "separates the good and the bad." Not this noob tactics that you learn at level 3. Travel in teams? Herp derp. Don't fight 5v4? Herp derp. Nothing here is of worth reading.

5v4 while Baroning? Have fun having your squishies get wrecked by Baron while actually fighting a 6v5, with Baron having AoE damage, high single target damage, and and a knockback. Unless the enemy team was extremely ******ed with a terrible team composition, there would be no way for you to win in a 5v4 with Baron sitting there raping your team.

Your second Baron situation is exactly the same.

Why put Edits at the end of the guide? People read this guide and say, "Oh well, this sort of sounds reasonable?..." and then read the edits which pretty much says, "This guide is terrible. Do not take anything read previously in this guide as truth." And then they are confused. Just delete this guide. It doesn't teach anybody anything that they do not already know.

GiPi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

Its a nie guide, i really apreciate ur effort.

SciencePrime

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin94 View Post
So, what exactly was the point in writing this guide? To show the world that you know not to focus tanks, when to baron, when to team fight, etc? Terrible way to rant at noobs. You have 600 games "under the belt" and what? I've seen baddies with 1000 games under their belt and I still rip them up. I have, what 250 games played in both ranked and normal, and I still can tear up most people who have 1000+ games played.

So why write this guide, other than to teach level 10s how to play the game, which would probably happen after some level 30 with his alternate tells them. By the way, half the ******s that play this game don't even lurk the forums, so by writing this guide you not only wasted time and effort, but you just showed people how much time you have on your hands. And even in a year's worth of playing, you still can't even pull yourself into a better ELO bracket?

And none of this even explains advanced situational game play. This is all implying that the scores are even and the skill levels of people are at par with each other. This is never the case and that is what truly "separates the good and the bad." Not this noob tactics that you learn at level 3. Travel in teams? Herp derp. Don't fight 5v4? Herp derp. Nothing here is of worth reading.

5v4 while Baroning? Have fun having your squishies get wrecked by Baron while actually fighting a 6v5, with Baron having AoE damage, high single target damage, and and a knockback. Unless the enemy team was extremely ******ed with a terrible team composition, there would be no way for you to win in a 5v4 with Baron sitting there raping your team.

Your second Baron situation is exactly the same.

Why put Edits at the end of the guide? People read this guide and say, "Oh well, this sort of sounds reasonable?..." and then read the edits which pretty much says, "This guide is terrible. Do not take anything read previously in this guide as truth." And then they are confused. Just delete this guide. It doesn't teach anybody anything that they do not already know.
Not sure why you are hating so much on the guide... it may be common sense to you but lots of people have found it useful (based on feedback and upvotes). I wrote this specifically because I started playing with some below level 30 players and they made all the mistakes I mentioned on a regular basis. Just because you are allegedly better than people with 1000+ games doesn't invalidate the advice I'm giving.

Regarding your problem with forcing a 5v4 at Baron, this may be true in mid game but in late game (which my guide is about) Baron's damage is negligible. I'll still take a 5v4 even if my guys are at 80% health and mana. Read 5hitcombo's guide (if you don't trust my judgment) and he specifically states that if 1 enemy is at bot then forcing a 5v4 at Baron is common sense for high Elo players.

Regarding the edits, I didn't want to change the flow of my guide but people brought up good points worth mentioning.

BRG ICEMAN

03-16-2011

Although the guide is review- its awfully kind of someone to write it out for others to use. I feel many people could use this guide. I despise solo que for this reason. It is difficult for me to enjoy solo que when there are common simple mistakes that people make which could easily be rectified by simple reading of this simple guide. Although, the guide is lacking a lot of good info, the info provided is substantial enough for a new player to play signifigantly better. The brief guide was also fun to read and brought back old memories. Thank you SciencePrime, GJ. +1ed

Skrat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

I thought you were an actual member of Prime playing LoL and got excited. Then I realized you weren't.

SciencePrime

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG ICEMAN View Post
Although the guide is review- its awfully kind of someone to write it out for others to use. I feel many people could use this guide. I despise solo que for this reason. It is difficult for me to enjoy solo que when there are common simple mistakes that people make which could easily be rectified by simple reading of this simple guide. Although, the guide is lacking a lot of good info, the info provided is substantial enough for a new player to play signifigantly better. The brief guide was also fun to read and brought back old memories. Thank you SciencePrime, GJ. +1ed
Thanks for the positive feedback. Yeah I would love to expand on it but I think it's better to keep it brief so it's useful for the intended audience. Besides, I wouldn't be the right person to get into more depth. Way better players out there that should write books :P

SciencePrime

06-06-2011

Watched the qualifiers and there was some really good stuff and lessons learned. Figured I give a bump on the guide to get more feedback and maybe have some people give suggestions.

SciencePrime

06-15-2011

Alright! Hit 100 upvotes! Thanks for support guys. Attached picture of kittens for appreciation.

PapaSmurfettes

06-16-2011

Really awesome guide... I agree that the first tip is kind of weak... but the points you make about team fights and Baron are money in the bank. Well worth the read.