[Guide] Tactics: Itís What Separates the Good and the Bad, by SciencePrime

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flying Toilet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

After reading this priceless overview 3 times yesterday, I played a string of games trying to live by these rules. I ended up dying and losing (as usual) but for the first time I understood why I was getting pwnd. Now if only I can start actually living by these rules! That would be progress.

(late bump for such a great guide)

SciencePrime

02-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahceusk View Post
Great guide Mr. Science!

and...
THIS v

I've been on the losing side of this early game a lot lately and just LOL as they lose for over aggression.
Will add, pasta!

Fistibun

03-01-2011

bumpz0rz.

yolbaduh

03-01-2011

Nice job scienceprime.

Shuuya Kano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

MrRJ's post on roles is 10x better than the OP's section. Ignoring the tanks is always good, but as a ranged carry, positioning out-prioritizes getting the other team's squishy. I had a Jarvan rush in 1v4 or 5 and blame me for killing Malphite because going for the other team's squishies meant running into 5 people. Of course, this tactic worked later when Jarvan could tank the damage after ulting so we could focus down one person and then work on the people trapped. ANYWAYS...

You also seem to be downplaying the usefulness of Baron. It's just the connotation of the post, and you make it sound like Baron's all about the baiting. I mean, yeah, that's a great bonus if you can do that and force a teamfight and win, but Baron itself is gamebreaking, and getting it is basically turning teamfights into 6v5.

Baculus

03-02-2011

I've played around 450 games on this account, and another 100 or so on smurfs teaching friends. I'll admit that (while most of it was review), Baron's purpose sort of flipped a switch. Previously I just elected to ignore and protect it most of the game, since in PUBs it usually turns into an ace for the team trying for it. Baiting and breaking up formations is equally useful.

Aside from the baron winners forcing the other team to play d or die, ofc.

Runkis

03-02-2011

lknowing when its ok to focus tanks is a gud advice too l0l

Caryatid

03-02-2011

Excellent post, well done OP.

IS1d5aaed6e35f508ddea9f

03-02-2011

Great guide, +1ed

Also, +1 to MrRJ notes on tip n1!

PS this should be on leaguecraft too!

SciencePrime

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookwak420 View Post
MrRJ's post on roles is 10x better than the OP's section. Ignoring the tanks is always good, but as a ranged carry, positioning out-prioritizes getting the other team's squishy. I had a Jarvan rush in 1v4 or 5 and blame me for killing Malphite because going for the other team's squishies meant running into 5 people. Of course, this tactic worked later when Jarvan could tank the damage after ulting so we could focus down one person and then work on the people trapped. ANYWAYS...

You also seem to be downplaying the usefulness of Baron. It's just the connotation of the post, and you make it sound like Baron's all about the baiting. I mean, yeah, that's a great bonus if you can do that and force a teamfight and win, but Baron itself is gamebreaking, and getting it is basically turning teamfights into 6v5.
I didn't mean to downplay the usefulness of Baron... obviously a game changing buff, but what pissed me off was that lots of people don't know when to start baron, like they will start it when all 5 have been mia for over 30 sevonds. Or we'll be in the jungle near baron and I'll see two enemies pushing bot at like minute 45 and few people understand that its the perfect time to do baron. I'll ping baron and explain why we should do it now, but everyone hesitates/disburses to get blue buff, etc... and the opportunity is lost. You usually only have a ~10 second opportunity to get it in before it becomes too late. If enemy has warded baron, then you only have a 3 second opportunity after they've seen you.

Thanks for the heads up though... I think I would only be hurting myself if I tried to get into extreme depth for every point that I make. Hoping to just introduce new concepts to players that are still learning the finer points of the game.