[Guide] Tactics: Itís What Separates the Good and the Bad, by SciencePrime

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GGGABES

02-25-2011

sexy

Laureal

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRJ View Post
This is problematic. Sometimes the worse thing you can do is ignore a tank and dive squishes because this can lead to your team splitting apart. Who you should attack largely depends on positioning and what kind of hero you are. Also, some tanks/support are designed to stay near their carries which means their job is to cc anyone that comes near their carries. In other words, they shouldn't be jumping squishes they should be ccing whomever is on their carry (think Janna as the paradigm of this example). Some of the worst plays I see are Kassadins teleporting to the back of an enemy line, unable to finish off a carry and then dying making the fight 4v5. I can't tell you how many team fights I've seen lost because people chase a kiting corki or nidalee (which imo is what makes nidalee king on soloq but pretty bad draft mode).

Here's some better rough guidance on team fights:
1. Support - attack whomever's on your carry (heroes like taric, janna) If you're Zil should be putting bombs on your tanks and speeding up your carry.
2. Ranged Carry - You should just hit the closest target because your DPS should be high enough to burn down tanks (see Reginald's corki guide, team-fight section). http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=2
3. Melee Carry - This depends on your hero. WW, and Olaf are good against tanks but really susceptible to getting kited. WW being the worst because lower elo WW's always blow their ults too soon not thinking that a) they're not going to blow up the squishy without the help of their teammates b) not taking into account the opposing team's cc c) no escape mechanism. Heroes like irelia and xin are really good at chasing down squishes.
4. Tanks - Depends on your team comp. Sometimes you want to save your CC for saving your carry instead of initiating with it. For instance, if you're malphite and they have a ww or malzahar it may be better for you to wait for them to ult first before you ult.

Other random tips:
- Trust your teammates. I see carries running away while shen is ulting them all the time.
- If you're a ranged carry don't build tank items (except for maybe mercs). If your playing miss fortune and your first item is frozen mallet you're doing it wrong. Play something else.
I completely agree, I was thinking the same thing when reading his points. Obviously if given the choice between focusing a tank and focusing a carry, you should focus the carry (all things considered equal), but more often if you're playin someone like Ashe, you should focus whoever is safest for you to focus since your high dps will still help your team out a lot.

If you're a ranged carry you shouldnt build 'tank' items, but its often a good idea to get Defensive items, such as some magic resist or a banshees veil.

SciencePrime

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureal View Post
I completely agree, I was thinking the same thing when reading his points. Obviously if given the choice between focusing a tank and focusing a carry, you should focus the carry (all things considered equal), but more often if you're playin someone like Ashe, you should focus whoever is safest for you to focus since your high dps will still help your team out a lot.

If you're a ranged carry you shouldnt build 'tank' items, but its often a good idea to get Defensive items, such as some magic resist or a banshees veil.
Good points MrRJ and Laureal. Tried to keep things relatively brief but I updated guide and gave you guys credit.

Duoshot

02-25-2011

Add in.

Save room for wards and ward the hell out of their jungle. A couple ganks when they're trying to get blue and red will make them afraid for the rest of the game to get their buffs, allowing you to steal them.

Flying Toilet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

Priceless wisdom! Up vote if only for taking the time to help out noobs like me! I can safely say that I've made most (meaning all) of these in the past.

greenerpastures

02-25-2011

a lot of times killing the tank is the BEST thing you can do if you catch him out of position, you just need to make sure that if their squishies show up, you focus them immediately

wishr

02-25-2011

bump. a must-read

Flying Toilet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2011

The way I play, I feel unqualified to even be reading this arcane lore (bump).

Nosef

02-25-2011

More people need to read this.

icegoat63

02-25-2011

Really feel its basic 101 stuff...

unfortunately its the 101 stuff that people just dont seem to know.

I'm really sick of Elo Hell and having my team fight under the turret only to get decimated and then be called a n00b for not helping.

The Euro forum has an insignia showing "this user accepted the summoners code".... Your OP should be read by Every LoL player... proving "This Summoner has a small grasp on the Basics".