I was playing Anivia at mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sybil Cut

02-24-2011

And I got outlaned by Gragas who rushed Rabadons. Am I bad? He was barrel harassing me all game, and because he does so much damage with AP, I couldn't even get near him without being raped for half my HP. He was also a good player, so I couldn't touch him with any of my skillshots, and now Anivia's R has too high mana cost to efficiently use.

Is this a forgivable issue, or am I just a baddie?

EDIT: He never actually killed me more than once (due to their jungler tower diving me), but my team blamed me for feeding because his barrel could take out an entire minion wave in just about one shot. Somehow because Gragas was farming a lot (nothing I could do) I was blamed for our loss.

IS1521d66ba421db62b1d08

02-24-2011

you just got outlaned, nothing to worry about, it happens all the time

Muskokatier

02-24-2011

... you were bad BUT a gragas mid is a very hard mid to handle..
It's more that you probably didn't expect if facing a gragas mid you need boots just like karthus...

Eliras

02-24-2011

Gragas is the best counterlaner in the game.

Don't feel bad, Grag is kind of like Urgot in mid; if he's competent, you are going to have a HELL of a time beating him. Best thing I can suggest is getting boots and staying mobile, moving in irregular patterns, and if worse comes to worst, sit by your creeps and force him to push the lane to harass.

I'm a longtime Graggy player and I take mid whenever I see someone slow take mid (So basically everyone except Janna. That ****.)

Sybil Cut

02-24-2011

Bamp

Sybil Cut

02-24-2011

Thanks guys. I knew that I could've been better, but god **** was he ever hard to beat. And tanky to boot. One of the elitist pricks on my team blamed me for our loss, and they didn't help gank him at all. I asked.

And he said "Anivia outlanes 90% of champs in the game. GRAGAS IS ONE OF THEM."

What a dick. Also, Gragas only hit me with a few barrels. He barely touched me. But when he wasn't throwing them at me, he was hitting all my minions, so it was even worse. And when he did hit me (not often; I was good for dodging them) they hurt like a bitch.

Smurf2post

02-24-2011

no, good gragas are unbeatable in laning phase. same with nidalee, caitlyn, chogath and urgot

just try not to get outfarmed too much early game which is where they shine, they wont be too much of a pain in the ass mid-late game

as stated above, boots +3 pots is the best choice against these guys, closely followed by cloth armour and 5 pots (or negatron cloak)

Eliras

02-24-2011

Lol? Anivia GETS outlaned by 90% of the champions in the game.

Sorry dude but Anivia has a pretty ****ty laning phase and you just got a baddy on your team. I'd like to have seen him mid against Gragas.

If you like, I'll add you in-game and play a few customs with you with Graggy. You're probably better than me so it won't be as rough, but I can at least give you a bit more practice laning against Gragas =)

Sybil Cut

02-24-2011

Also doesn't help that their team was 3 tanky, a jungler, and Tryndamere. And we had no dedicated tank. And somehow the loss was my fault.