Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Alistar games Streamed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

02-01-2010

I am really still getting used to the controls in livestream right now and may have deleted some content I shouldn't have. However if the 42min+ game vs Xiaobing as Trist and crew I think is a good example of team play and how to come back from a potential loss. A lot of close calls, and good targeting as Ali (IMO). What is very cool about this game, is you can watch it from two perspectives. Elementz has the same game streamed as well on his livestream.. not quite sure on the link, but he has a post about it somewhere in the general discussion. I threw a few games into a autoplay, so those should popup when you connect to this stream site.

nicosharp

02-01-2010

A few people asked me what time I would be streaming again. I plan to stream tonight around 7:30pm PST (if everything goes well). I'll refresh the post here in about 2.5hours when I do.

nicosharp

02-01-2010

game coming up shortly!

Montaulk

02-01-2010

what is your rune build like for alistar?

Anh5luudan

02-01-2010

I got lag to much, my screen nearly freeze when saw you played, can u stream ur games in justin.tv ??

nicosharp

02-02-2010

Sorry you are experiencing lag, but a lot of people are not. It may be your location or ISP speeds? I can look into justin tv, but I am just doing this for kicks. I probably will not go out of my way to make sure its working for everyone, but keep me informed. Thanks.

You can see my rune suggestions and what I use in my Alistar guide buried in the forums here(advanced search). Still the same, or on my masteries tab by viewing my profile in game.

Grovel

02-02-2010

Hey Nico, I stopped by last night and asked this while you were playing, but my connection crashed before I saw if you replied.

Basically, do you ever run anything besides Ghost and Flash for summoner skills? I play with a friend who mains Alistar and swears by Clairvoyance, but after watching you I've tried to convince him that the mobility of Ghost can't be beat. What are your thoughts of the matter?

nicosharp

02-02-2010

there is no "best" combo and as they balance summoner skills there will be more variety. As a defensive tank that likes to save allies there are 5 skills Ive used the most

#1 Flash (seem to always have it)
#2 Ghost Walk, helps me get there faster, and get out when things go south
#3 Exhaust, shuts down a carry long enough for me to get to him for a stun, or to get out
#4 Clairyovance, great when you and your teams map awareness is a bit off, and helps you control buffs.
#5 Clarity, great team skill and allows many to keep pushing.

Ive also used cleanse, heal, teleport a bit but dont consider those to be as necessary.

Kragorn

02-02-2010

Nico's guide here for those with questions. Tons of detail.

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=36784

Thanks for posting the games, nico. I'm enjoying watching them. I haven't played Alistair in a while, may have to get back to him .

Hammith

02-02-2010

I'm quite glad I started reading the guide and watching the stream. Still have a while to go, but getting much better. Hardest part is just getting used to when to run and when to lag behind and help your team.