Why can't Twisted Treeline be 5v5?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gangplant

02-24-2011

Honestly, just give the towers much more health and damage, and lower the respawn time significantly, especially at late game. It'd be fun as hell and would truly feel like an arena.

The balance for 3v3 is pretty much shot to hell anyway, so why can't we 5v5 on a 2nd map? Who knows when Magma Chamber will get here.

*Constant conflict due to small map and shorter respawns
*Controlling every part of the map, from lizard, to lane waves, to dragon would be very important resulting in both skirmishes and full team fights.
*Short Respawns + Small Map = more kills = more gold to compensate the 2-lane farm.
*Turtling wouldn't work as well as it would be much easier for the other team to take full advantage of the rest of the maps farm/jungle, while still being able to constantly pressure a tower.
*Even without a solo lane, small map + short respawns = short traveling = decent leveling speed.
*Stronger towers and shorter respawns means an ace can heavily damage a team, but not automatically end the game. It'd be fun to see more nexus explosions with desperate people trying to defend it.
*Opens up a completely new playstyle that can make Twisted Treeline very popular, since currently it's almost ignored.

Am I crazy? I think it would be wild. The only concern here would be snowball items with the faster kills, but those have proven problematic on Summoner's Rift as well so maybe they need a change/nerf/removal anyway.

Plus, when Magma Chamber gets here, it could be 3 maps, of all different sizes, to 5v5 on. Variety is king.

Mana Golem

02-24-2011

Would be nice to not have to ban Mundo and Singed every game.

sage the maokai

02-24-2011

No, because their is no counter to this team in TTL
Mundo, Olaf, and AP Nunu.

Although I do appreciate this effort to make Twisted Troll Line a better place but face it
Even if Riot approves of this, it'll be put on the bottom of their long list of things to incorporate into the game
Right under adding Custom Avatars to the website.

RtkHZoZQHmzt279f

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia With AK47 View Post
No, because their is no counter to this team in TTL
Mundo, Olaf, and AP Nunu.
Although I do appreciate this effort to make Twisted Troll Line a better place but face it
Even if Riot approves of this, it'll be put on the bottom of their long list of things to incorporate into the game
Right under adding Custom Avatars to the website.
You feel nothing should be done for TT because there's a team on it that has no counter?

Logic =

nukular power

02-24-2011

I actually think this could be a lot of fun. Not sure what Mundo, Olaf, and AP Nunu have to do with making the map FIVE VERSUS FIVE, however.