Surender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caldison

02-24-2011

Ok so yea I know I'm a new player and all and Im only lvl 9 and what not, but I hate people who choose to surrender, I've played enough games to know that it is very possible to flip the odds in a game. I've had three games where my team was down to the last turret and even when someone starts the vote to surrender vote and I'm the only person on my team to vote no, then what do you know suddenly we are on the offense and beat them down hard.

So I don't care how bad me and my team is playing at any given time, if there is a chance that we can win, and even if it's a lot more likely that we will loose, I will always stay for the last stand, even if all my "teammates" are AFKs and leavers, I will keep fighting the fight and dam the odds, I've proved them wrong before.

Rev0It

02-24-2011

yeah it's hard to win 4 v 5's
but you can come back from being down in a 5v5 with competent players who will actually try to contribute to teamwork and adjust accordingly.
I hear you too, i hate the surrender button D;

DewodahS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

I understand where you are coming from but depending on the situation, if your team doesn't want to fight anymore then you aren't going to win. I will sadly admit I've initiated those surrender votes a couple of times when it became blatantly clear we weren't going to win due to feeding and lack of skill. I was no longer having fun in the match and I don't think the people on my team were either. It saved both sides some time.

It really is a situational thing. I've seen fights turn completely around, it happens sometimes though it's just beating your head on the wall

Capnredbeard

02-24-2011

Sometimes it's better to just end the game and Q up again. I don't like surrendering, but when I'm getting pubstomped, I'd just rather not be there.

Commie Rogue

02-24-2011

1/12/9
3/7/4
3/12/4
5/11/6

Those were my teammate's scores. Meanwhile at 12/3/4 I was getting a little tired of playing, seeing as how 3 enemies were fed, and my team was even giving away kills to a bad Teemo.

Goth Skunk

02-24-2011

In over 450 games played, the amount of times I have encountered a miraculous comeback is 2.

And by miraculous comeback, I mean "We have no business being in this game. /surrender. Vote failed."

Of course, this was back in the days when you got an IP bonus for sticking it out until the end. Now that we don't have that bonus anymore, i just leave when the vote fails.

Caldison

02-24-2011

Last I just played: 2/11/1

I mean come on I had an absolutely horrible game with a teemo who did nothing but complain about how I was playing singed even though every single one of my deaths it was a 2/3/4 vs 1 fight and he was tying to push wile I had an ENTIRE team distracted with fighting me. Only reason we actually won was because the opposing team quit the second we breached their wall. I would have rather loss that fight then have a team leave the second things army going their way.

EDIT: is was supposed to be "he wasn't trying to push wile the team was distracted with me." sry for the typo.

Goth Skunk

02-24-2011

You know you can use edit to fix your typo's, right?

Caldison

02-24-2011

Yea I know but I figure to make the edit obvious incase someone comments on it wile Im typing the edit.