How is tanking hard!?!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoalaWala

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

like seriously, every time i see somebody tank for my team they suck 90% of the time..
i love play tanks and im pretty good at it. but i dont want to always play a tank T_T

Fistful of Force

02-24-2011

What? How is tanking hard? I play tanks w/ 60% win rate and I suck.

edit: why am I getting downvoted =*(

Duoshot

02-24-2011

Tanking is hard because it mostly means not getting kills, getting all the deaths for your team, and having nothing but assists.

Most people are overly concerned about their KDA so they suck at tanking.

CupcakeRaptorr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

tanking is hard because you usually get a concussion after pounding your head into the wall because when you engage your bad teammates just run away and watch you die. Then they place the blame on you.

antibananaram

02-24-2011

Tanking is hard since you usually have to fill in multiple roles like supporting and initiating. Carries however have the same roles every time which is to try to deal as much damage as they can.

DrSkankyNun

Recruiter

02-24-2011

Tanking is especially hard when you have an overly-aggressive or just idiotic team (i.e. one that chases enemies to their inner turrets at 10 minutes). You do not get near as much money from kills and cs. If you are the only tank, you somehow have to initiate and protect your squishy (if you do not have a baby sitter). Don't even get me started about when you are a jungle tank...

TheMountainGoat

02-24-2011

the tank or initiator (usually the tank IS the initiator) has to have the good judgment to decide when it is and isn't a good idea to pick fights, when to back off, and when to commit. it's not rocket science, but lots of players simply have poor judgment, and suck as a tank.

DewodahS

02-24-2011

I've noticed a lot of this too. I think part of it stems from people not understanding the role of a tank. They are all to focused on their KDA ratio so they only learn the dps/carry champs. I used to play WoW and noticed it was something of a problem on there too. No one wants to play the punching bag, just the person stabbing people or blasting them into oblivion.

Don't misunderstand me. I am by no means the best tank player in the world. However, it's not overly hard to figure out. If the fight starts before the tank is there good chance is it's not going to go overly well. If the tank jumps in while the rest of the team is sitting on low health it's usually not for everyone to keep fighting it's for the rest of the team to pull out. 1 death is far better than most the team getting wiped. That means run, not keep fighting and toss yourself on over the cliff.

XenonZaleo

02-24-2011

Tanking is hard because you're completely dependent on your team working with you. If they don't, you look like an idiot at times tha aren't your fault at all.

KoalaWala

02-24-2011

I spent my last game infront of my tank as a carry because he refused to lead, and when he did lead he would start a fight we follow him in then he leaves(with more then 75% health)