Here is an idea. Let us help with the champs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfinityKage

02-24-2011

Ok. So i love to make champs for this game. I know that riot does not care about them. But i post them on the forums anyway for people to read just because i like to make them. But there is a forum topic going around about how this guy named jestercabb who works for riot was working on his own champ and some other guy got wind of it and has been helping him with the idea by posting it on the forums and giving him feedback.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=278705

Now i'm not sure is anything with come of this, but it gave me a good idea. Riot may not want out champion ideas. But maybe the guys that make champs might want our input like the community has been helping this guy.

Point i'm getting to here is. Why not let the people that make champs ask us for out input about how this guy should look or how this move should work or what this guy should be called. I happens to know that IceFrog does this with his Dota champs and that is why every champ on that game is popular with the people. It would be a great way to connect with the community as well as make champs the people will like.

Cyndikate

02-24-2011

It's fun to express our ideas. I'm sure Riot loves them and how we attempt to contribute to their success.

But unfortunately, we are not doctors, and as much as we think we may have a cure for cancer, we don't.

If you don't know exactly what I mean, let me clarify.

We know nothing about what Riot's intentions are and how they really manage their games, so therefore us as a community don't have much of a say.

InfinityKage

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetika View Post
It's fun to express our ideas. I'm sure Riot loves them and how we attempt to contribute to their success.

But unfortunately, we are not doctors, and as much as we think we may have a cure for cancer, we don't.

If you don't know exactly what I mean, let me clarify.

We know nothing about what Riot's intentions are and how they really manage their games, so therefore us as a community don't have much of a say.

Its a good point, but the same way a doctor can tell you what he is trying to do, Riot games could tell us what their intention is. They don't have to tell us the whole idea but if they were to say that they are trying to make a champion look this way, or that they are trying to make a move mechanic that works that way, then maybe we could help them with that small part.