So is all this Irelia fuss really because of HotShotQQ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

efdf

02-24-2011

She's been thought as overpowered for quite a while but people still clung to the myth that Xin was better until Hotshot made that megathread.

Challon

02-24-2011

All high elo players have a big impact on people so yeah when hotshotqq said she was op all the other players who got killed by her thought the same.

Its a never ending cycle that goes. Oh he killed me op nerf naow. Then after nerf we get a forum post that is like this. OMFG RIOT U NOOB U NERF SO BAD BUFF. That is how the cycle goes.

Mikeschke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

Goodbye my sweet love Irelia. We had some fun times when everybody hated on us and nobody saw your inner beauty.
Now you went off to be famous and everybody gives you attention. You don't need me anymore and you will never be the same for me

Minrog

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherU View Post
If you look closely at the threads most of them are actually screaming they shouldn't nerf Irelia and those that ARE crying for a nerf are often met with downvotes and counterarguments.
Clearly it's not because people want to ride the wave longer now that they just bought a new 6300 point champ. Just like Garen and Shaco and Heimerdinger.

OBITWIZZLE

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherU View Post
She's not OP she's viable.

"Viable" is stronger than your average "balanced" but still below the OP line.

Viable champions are fewer in numbers compared to just balanced champions so they often give the impression of being OP.

The thing is ideally speaking all champions should be viable so Irelia is exactly where she should be. If you look closely at the threads most of them are actually screaming they shouldn't nerf Irelia and those that ARE crying for a nerf are often met with downvotes and counterarguments.

I also feel the need to point out she's generally stronger in soloQ but still not that popular in high elo arranged matches.

GOD. Viable means it can work, even on some totally basic level. It doesn't mean above average. When did people decide viable meant soemthing different than it does? People did this all the time in wow too.. "this build isn't viable". Sure it is. You'll do damage with it, but it's just not as good as anyone else's build. That's life kiddo.

Viable=/= good.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

The problem isn't with pros expressing their opinions (for whatever reason), the problem is with all the bandwagonners looking for the easy way out and mimicking the pros every move and word.....

My Junk Chain

02-24-2011

Yes this was all over one thread. Its like a person yelling fire (Hotshotgg).. Knowing how scary a fire( OP Champ) is, people (LoL community) freak out without even knowing if its true or not and in the end the fire department shows up (riot) starts breaking windows and kicking in doors(nerfs) to find out... oh there is no fire, its just some idiot who screamed it because they have nothing better to do.
That my friends is how you destroy a solid champ that isnt over powered.

Foxflare

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeschke View Post
Goodbye my sweet love Irelia. We had some fun times when everybody hated on us and nobody saw your inner beauty.
Now you went off to be famous and everybody gives you attention. You don't need me anymore and you will never be the same for me
Melodramatic. =P I started playing Irelia recently, and unless she's intentionally broken to be unplayable or removed from the game, I'm not going to stop playing her regardless of nerfs. She's just too fun. I started playing MF after all the nerfs and I like playing her, I still play Master Yi a lot, Sona even in her current condition is my favored support champion, and so on. Worst case scenario is that I'll have to build or spec Irelia differently, but there's pretty much no chance any nerf would stop me from playing any champion that I really like.

The only champion I stopped playing after nerfs was Soraka. ._. qq

Josh de Tonreau

02-24-2011

nice use of two letters.

Cyndikate

02-24-2011

I don't think we should blame HotshotGG. It's the community being absolutely stupid thinking

1.) Believing that HotshotGG is a god, just because he's a ranked player, and that they should believe everything he says like a gospel just because he's one of the top players. In reality, he's no different from the average joe.

2.) FOTM means Faceroll and OP.

----

A part of me thinks that HotshotGG is

1.) A genius sucessful troll that made a thread, and knew if he made that one thread, other people would be stupid enough to make threads of the same topic.(i.e Irelia FOTM ****) For example, if someone made a thread about BRs, then 10 other people would make threads about the same thing.

2.) Somehow KNEW that Irelia would be free this week.

I don't think Irelia's OP at all. In fact, I've seen much worse champions.