So is all this Irelia fuss really because of HotShotQQ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

02-24-2011

Or is there some substance?

Two weeks ago Irelia began being considered "OK".

Before that she was considered dodge worthy.

Is she beginning to be appreciated for her actual ability, or is HotShotQQ solely responsible for all of this nonsense?

I ask because I am ****ing terribad with Irelia.

Drizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

well, i think the majority of the players in this game (and the majority stated by zilean is well under 1400 rating) do not know how to properly play or itemize a champion unless someone sits there and shows them. thats why these top rated players streams are so heavily watched. personally i never bought irelia when she came out, she happens to be free this week and i played her for the first time, found her playstyle basic and straightforward so i dont know why people are just discovering shes good now. i pretty much facerolled with her

but most people need these things to be pointed out to them because they are the kind of people that actually read the manual that comes with a desk fan

JunkRamen

02-24-2011

Well it got boring to hate on L0CUST and Elementz so people found another scapegoat.

wqqqqwrt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

shes been op for like 1.5 month now

ReadInPeace

02-24-2011

She's good.

What you want is a Trinity force and... basically whatever you like after that (but mostly tanky stuff and some lifesteal). Done.

There are rumors about high level players complaining about her ridicilous laning. I don't know how legit the complaints are, but Riot will surely investigate.

(She is a really good laner, though.)

ArcherU

02-24-2011

She's not OP she's viable.

"Viable" is stronger than your average "balanced" but still below the OP line.

Viable champions are fewer in numbers compared to just balanced champions so they often give the impression of being OP.

The thing is ideally speaking all champions should be viable so Irelia is exactly where she should be. If you look closely at the threads most of them are actually screaming they shouldn't nerf Irelia and those that ARE crying for a nerf are often met with downvotes and counterarguments.

I also feel the need to point out she's generally stronger in soloQ but still not that popular in high elo arranged matches.

DukeUuito

02-24-2011

They'll have you believe otherwise, but yeah, it's mostly from the QQ of one high-Elo player.

Dracozero

02-24-2011

people learned to build her and play as her.

just like, you know, Garen, Corki, Sivir...

Gloomiibear

02-24-2011

A game hard to balance as a Red Name once stated.

Irelia is almost the opposite of Ezreal, where high level players consider him to be balanced or even good, yet average players consider him underpowered.

Irelia in this case, is considered overpowered by them because at their level, players can utilize her way too well.

On the opposite end of the line, champs that are considered overpowered by the majority, like Xin Zhao, Vlad (old), etc, are not complained by them. Why? At their level, they are really easy to deal with.

IS156133c1cc400f6a20029

02-24-2011

Dodge worthy? lol not really. QQ thread = nerf for my mains