Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Testing the Waters of Usefulness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hmisay

02-24-2011

I've been playing LoL for about five weeks now, and I've mostly been playing AD champions, namely Ashe, Tristana, Yi, and Xin Zhao.
Today I'm ready to be a little more useful to my team, so I bought Sona and Soraka. I'm a terrible Soraka, but she was only 475 so it's whatever. However, with Sona, things are starting to click and I'm having a lot of fun with her. I feel like I have fairly a basic grasp on how to play her, but I was wondering if I could get any tips from the more experienced players to improve my game.
Any tips are greatly appreciated.

LaBroma

02-24-2011

for soraka: AD

Fuffles

02-24-2011

Unfortunately Sona is a somewhat lackluster support, but if you are enjoying playing her, all for you, many characters that others underrate are actually effective in the right hands. I'm not a Sona player, but I do know that we could give you more information if you told us what exactly it is you do. How you play would be a good start. If you enjoy support characters, give Taric and Janna a try. Both give you a varied playstyle so you don't end up too bored playing the same character.

Another character that is helpful to the team is Alistar, his knockups and headbutts are very effective.

Hmisay

02-24-2011

When I'm building Sona I get my Soul Shroud and Boots 1 as soon as possible, then I'll work on my Archangel's Staff starting with the Tear and build either Merc. Treads or Boots of Mobility depending on the other team. At that point I usually start going for things that'll give me more survivability or a Rylai's if I just need more flat health.
Because I'm still leveling I'm only using tier one runes: flat Mp5 marks, AP per level quintessences and glyphs, flat health seals.