@Riot: Vlad's Q is unrealistic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windkin View Post
I think quite a few of you are missing the point. The OP is complaining not because he believes the ability is over powered, but because if something is supposed to be blocked, it should be blocked completely. Think of it like this. banshees/spell shield blocking damage from transfusion but not healing is akin to banshees blocking the damage from rupture but not the knock up. Its not so much that transfusion is an op ability and should be nerfed as it is that spell shield isnt working properly and should be fixed.
****, I wish I had your summarization skills.

I don't think its so much of a badly working shield, more so it's just not how a spellshield SHOULD work.

MrGuppy

02-23-2011

I think that he should not heal if his q got blocked.

Balrog CS

02-23-2011

Agrees with OP, a blocked spell should be a blocked spell (unless it's a spell that explicitly CANNOT be blocked)

If vladimirs attempt to drain your blood is blocked, he should not get blood back etc.

and LOL @ people who say "OMG ITS A VIDEO GAME!!!!" that's a pitiful excuse to simply throw all logic out the window. Although game mechanic balance would trump logic in a case like this.

iTwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

Final bump for the night to try to get Riot's attention. Even if they say that this is how its supposed to work.

Rooster Raiden

02-23-2011

Bump for a game that is logical.

Whizzard

02-23-2011

While i agree with vlad's healing from q i dont really agree with the whole mundo ezreal and xin zhao thing.

Cleaver doesn't actually heal. It refunds a portion of the health used to cast the spell if it hits. This was implemented to discourage people from spamming cleavers silly etc... and to reward players for using the ability correctly. In this case the cleaver did hit something.

Likewise ezreal's q lowers cooldown on his abilities by 1 if it hits. IT DID HIT, the spell just got negated. This does not change the fact that ezreal did in fact hit something.

Berryyl

02-23-2011

This didn't happen before, if it was blocked it was blocked.

Months ago there was a lot of whining over Morgana being OP (I love Morgana, but she really was OP at the time) and they nerfed her shield to where damage effects like Vlad's Q would still heal him, but do no damage to Morgana if her shield was up.

I guess it affected everything like that in the process....

demon alucard

02-23-2011

q is his main dps take away thar and no more vlad

rivnen

02-23-2011

your gonna hate this, but his heal didn't use to activate when his q was blocked. its the ONLY buff they ever gave him.
Vlads early game right now is trash (pre lvl7) because the cd on his transfusion is to long. People complain about it because its a heal, its free, and it has a short cooldown. People also complain about his pool because it helps him avoid damage and get away.
Vlads pool vs tristanas rocketjump or kassadins riftwalk vlad still looses out ESPECIALLY without the speed boost it used to give him, not to mention it takes 20% of his health.
Once vlad does have his q on a 3 second cooldown it really isnt that scary, 3 seconds is enough for him to use it 2 maybe 3 times in a teamfight for a negligible heal and a little bit of damage, but to be honest the actual reason vlad is killing people late game if he got fed is his ap+stacked E+ult mind you his stacked e is taking 250 hp every time he casts it, lowering his health faster then his q returns it in a teamfight, plus the time before the teamfight when he needed to charge it.

tldr: Engage vlad early, engage vlad hard, and vlad cant do **** except slowly pool away and when he pops out get destroyed because he cant even escape now.

StubbyBro

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitigrade View Post
Actually, from a logical point of view animation-wise, it would make sense.

Here's how I see the skill working:

Vlad drains blood from the enemy -> enemy gets hurt
Vlad drinks blood of the enemy -> Vlad gets healed

If you look at it in game, he still gets the blood and drinks it even if the damage itself is blocked.

Those shields are basically just painkillers.

Also, yeah, logic is not an argument to be made in video games. They essentially create another world, and in those worlds, our science does not have to apply. Remember that magic exists in this game and can be the solution to everything.
yah.. he's referring to logical game design