Twisted Fate -Some hints please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Retarded Clown

02-24-2011

condiser hybrid makes early game easier.

always start with sheen, even if ur AD tf TRINITY FORCE is a really nice item to hvae on tf.

Btw, for tf crit chance etc. MIGHT work agaisnt squishier teams, but a less expensive and more effective hybrid/ARPEN build really works best against most teams and allows for tankier itemization.

Sheen gives tf a pretty beast early game depending on how fast u get it...I'd recommend either rushing black cleaver or tri force then finishing the other.

Gnerally starks for the lifesteal/arpen and then b veil or randuins depending on other team.

CaliberK7

02-24-2011

Hi everone
i have a new problem ......( now i have 7 losses over wins......................)
i find tht the enemy has alot of yi and tryundemere that can just tank all my shots and kill me easily
how can i counter them or kill them ? my shots dont do any noticable damage................

Arbitrarity

02-24-2011

Run away. You don't want to fight melee DPS (particularly fed melee dps) 1v1 if they close in.
Specifically, pull a gold card, stun (consider tossing Wild cards), run away while frantically hitting PaC until it comes off cooldown. If they chase, throw another gold card.

CaliberK7

02-24-2011

Thnx Arbitrarity for continuously helping me
can my team win against those people?
Btw are there any champions which have "food!" written all over them?

Arbitrarity

02-25-2011

Indeed, your team can kill them.
As a ranged character, your primary advantage is distance. That is, you can attack when melee cannot. Melee characters counteract this by being tougher and typically more damaging, and often have "gap closer" moves like Yi's Alpha Strike and Tryndamere's Spinning Slash, or Xin's Audacious Charge.
As TF, you're gifted with an at-will stun, Pick a Card, which lets you counter such gap-closing, and stay out of reach. In a teamfight, your job is to position so damage goes onto your tanks, not you. As a carry, you should stay alive, and let the tougher members of your team take hits. In return, you provide damage and control to the battle.
In a teamfight, squishy enemy carries like Tryndamere and Yi are one of the first focus priorities, as they deal massive damage, and can be killed easily with the focus of the entire team. This is why Yi isn't usually viable unless he enters fights late, and why Tryndamere needs Undying Rage to not die instantly in fights. You should focus on killing/disabling these characters, but be careful to stay out of their reach, whether by locking them down with stuns, or running away. Any time they spend chasing you, they aren't dealing damage to your team, and you can still be hurting them with Wild Cards and PaC stuns.

Certain characters are squishy and easy to kill for gankers. The most key element of who can be ganked depends on situation. Are they overextended (typically past the river)? Are they low on health? Can your teammates help you, or are they really low on health and pushed to their tower?
Secondarily, certain champions are inherently more survivable and harder to kill than others. Without Ignite, healers such as Taric and Soraka are difficult to bring down, without many teammates. Anyone who currently has hard CC available (stuns, fear, knockups etc) are dangerous to gank alone. Often melee enemies are quite hard to bring down simply due to their higher health. Squishy champions without escape methods (including Flash and Ghost) are the best targets to try and kill. Miss Fortune, Ashe, Kog'maw, Twitch, sometimes Sivir, and other ranged carries without significant burst are fairly easy targets (assuming you have some advantage, like a teammate, minions, or they are on moderate health), assuming they aren't seriously fed. This also depends on items: If Sivir has a Warmogs, she isn't exactly an easy kill.
As TF (and most ranged carries), my default assumption is I cannot 1v1 any other character without a significant advantage. Whether this is teammate support, making it no longer 1v1, or their being absurdly low on health, or my being quite fed, I try to estimate how capable I am of killing or routing my enemies. Instead, I rely on poking my enemies down in lane (though mostly on last hitting and survival: TF isn't likely to get kills in initial laning phase without a very strong partner, such as Blitzcrank), and ganking.
Apart from that, you generally rely on teammates to help you kill tougher targets. Against tanky enemies, sustained chase and damage capabilities are useful. Against enemies with effective escape mechanisms (Ezreal with Flash), either a great deal of burst or CC must be brought out to catch them.

HipAndTasty

02-25-2011

As for item advice, I personally go with an attackspeed/ap build. My usual build goes somewhat like this

• Start with meki or I start with a faerie charm to make into philo stone
  • Then Stinger for the eventual Nashors.
  • Then Malady
  • Madred's Bloodrazor
  • Sometimes sorcerers shoes, sometimes whatever else I feel like
  • Other than that survivability or Lich and a death cap
I like to max Q first, for the farming and for the harass. Other than that get W and E equally of course grabbing ult whenever. In lane use Q if there are a few low health minions and a champ in line. Use your W whenever you really want to commit. Other than that just Q their health away, and wait to use exhaust and gold card for a kill. Once you hit push your lane as much as possible and then gank a lane. Usually a kill here.
I don't know, TF takes some getting used to. You'll pick up tricks along the way. He's fun.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Try maxing out your Q pew first. (ez mode harrass that you can spam all the time, all game.)

Then try to keep your W card pull (Oh **** button. Always save for when enemy is rushing you and simply gold card and back up to safety) and E attack speed (your gold farm 2nd to your Q pew) evenly leveled.

Take items that either have some AP or hybrid to bump up your early Q pew game

This is your key to noobie TF survival. After you get this basic tactic down you should try changing other builds/ tactics.

CaliberK7

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipAndTasty View Post
As for item advice, I personally go with an attackspeed/ap build. My usual build goes somewhat like this
  • Start with meki or I start with a faerie charm to make into philo stone
  • Then Stinger for the eventual Nashors.
  • Then Malady
  • Madred's Bloodrazor
  • Sometimes sorcerers shoes, sometimes whatever else I feel like
  • Other than that survivability or Lich and a death cap
I like to max Q first, for the farming and for the harass. Other than that get W and E equally of course grabbing ult whenever. In lane use Q if there are a few low health minions and a champ in line. Use your W whenever you really want to commit. Other than that just Q their health away, and wait to use exhaust and gold card for a kill. Once you hit push your lane as much as possible and then gank a lane. Usually a kill here.
I don't know, TF takes some getting used to. You'll pick up tricks along the way. He's fun.
any notes or comments on this build?
is it usefull and beneficial to my team?
thnx guys

Onyx of Darkness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2011

I'm a big fan of the Physical Carry DPS TF, and have been playing him that way since I bought him early on. I have gone Hybrid and AP just to see how they go, but I personally prefer the DPS path.

Now, I don't follow a hard build, but have several items that are interchangeable. Madred's Bloodrazor is probably the one item I take every time. I also normally take at least 2 other items with ATK SP. I have taken a liking to Black Cleaver and Wit's End, but have also used Nashor's Tooth, Malady or Starks Ferver on the odd occasion. Depending on the other team, I will get a little survivability in Frozen Mallet or Banshee's Veil, Life Steal in Bloodthirster is sometimes good, and boots are normally Berserker's Greeves.

I normally max Wild Cards first, then a point in Stacked Deck, Wild Card and Pick a Card last. I do a lot of Kiting, trying to last hit with Wild Card, but making sure that same card is hitting an enemy champ as well. I prefer taking solo lane or mid, but have found laning with a decent tank or someone with a stun to be a dream combo (Especially with Shen or Pantheon, double stun and double teleport, ouch).

When 5v5 team fights start, I normally allow my team to start the fight 4v5, while I either walk around the back or gate behind the other team. Yes, this is a death sentence, but by the time the other team have noticed, their main Carry is dead and their Support or AP Carry is almost dead. This obviously doesn't work every time, because they start to expect it, but it has swung the game in our favor many times.

CaliberK7

02-27-2011

Thnx so what your saying is
-beserker greaves
-Madreds blood razor
-can you name these two AtK SP items?
-black cleaver
-wits end
-frozen mallet?

Thnx any comments on this guys?

O and btwWhat do you guys think on this focusing mailnly
on attack speed and ap build?

Beserker greaves
Madreds blood razor ( give me your opinion of replacing this item with something else)
Nashors tooth
Guinsoos rageblade
The Black Cleaver
Phantom Dancers( Same as above brackets)

thnx again guys