Twisted Fate -Some hints please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaliberK7

02-23-2011

Hi guys ive recently bought twisted fate and.......im not doing to good
with only 2 wins and the rest losses.........you get the point.
i also have a -5 lose over win for normal games and i want to improve and help my team win using tf.

-WARNING- Wall of text!

When i start off i think my prob starts when i take the side lanes.....
i go with vamp scepter first. try and get lane kills if possible.
But at level 6 ...i dont really try to gank.
i usually end up being out levelled like me 11 everone else 15 and then i become useless to the team. i cant back door or push or anything because they can easily send their lowest level team member to take me out..... it becomes 4v5 and then we get pushed and lose. i try to go with physical dps.
heres my build-

Vamp scepter
beserker greaves
starks fevor
last whisper
infinity edge
blood thirster phantom dancer

im always too squishy and my attacks dont seem to do anything
is it because the other teams better? is it because i really suck? i dont know....
Any way in short-

I get outlevelled
i fail to get my items quickly
i become useless to the team
we lose.......

All help would be appreciated thnx for reading this .
Cya hope i get some help.

Arbitrarity

02-23-2011

Consider a more Hybrid build, as that seems to be the rage in the current TF meta. Improves your burst, stun spam capability, and other cooldowns, while also doing decently for straight autoattacks. Nashor's Tooth, Rageblade, and Lichbane are all solid items that give a mix of stats, and let you be an effective card-throwing machine. Also, with AP, you can restore mana with blue cards, which is neat.

As TF, you're absurdly squishy. Be very cautious. Last hit with Blue cards, harass with red cards near enemies (this will push your lane, be careful), and focus on raising Wild Cards. I've been going weqqqrqwq. Wild Cards lets you harass and last hit very safely, albeit at a painful mana cost. Use them sparingly, and preferably accurately. Don't forget to try coordinate Stacked Deck procs with your Pick a Card while harassing, and keep both in mind while last hitting.
As TF, you should try to get mid, or another solo lane. However, if someone has priority, or your opponents will have a 2v1 lane against you, stick with your duo lane. Try to coordinate harass with your partner, pull cards efficiently, and when you hit 6, fountain, check the other lanes (are they pushed?) and ask your lanemates if a gank would be useful. If you have a jungler, try to coordinate. If you have a lane you want to gank, ping, tell your teammates to initiate, lock a gold card and port in. If you get kills, and the other team doesn't respond, feel free to help your teammates push down the tower.

Remember as TF, try to save your ult for ganks, getting to fights, and escaping. Wards are also your friend. You can feel free to solo farm and push lanes if you have your ult and are map-aware (and the enemy team lacks stuns/snares/silences). Don't forget to head into the jungle if lanes are unsafe or otherwise unfarmable. Red cards and Wild Card make quick work of most creep camps.

BuenaBuena

02-23-2011

TF is one of the worst solo in th game but you need that mid to farm. level and gank. Just play it as passive as you can. Vamp scepter is bad choice, cause you can't get your health back against good harasser. I now get boots + 3 pots.
I played not much on side lane, but I think its even more dangerous. Any good pair of champs (double stuns) can melt you easily.
Also stark is too slow for the 1st item. Get Sword of the Divine then build damage. Get 2-3 Doran Swords if you feel like dying too fast.

CaliberK7

02-23-2011

Thnx everyone btw can you give me a item build for this?
Keep the answeres rolling in guys
thnx so far

OptimisticC

02-23-2011

Basically, you want to get a good farm going on.

Take mid, but practice last hitting.

Avoid a fight, until you hit 6. You want the bonus exp mid has to offer, and if you blue-pill too often, you lose that advantage.

Whatever your build is, always have CDR. So you can stun, AOE slow, or restore mana every 4-5 seconds.

Practice the PaC sequence. Memorize the order the cards go in and you should get a card you want on the first round. Also, time your pick one second late.

Use your ultimate strategically. Think about the advantages gating to a certain fight has, such as nearby bushes to gate to. You can warp behind a wall and throw wild cards at people who can't retaliate.

Always, ALWAYS, play cautiously. You are one of the squishiest champs, you don't have a long life expectancy when you run into the middle of a teamfight. Stay on the backlines, retreat with your team accordingly, and etc.

Your PaC has amazing versatility. Use it. If your team is packing a lot of stuns, it's better to use slow cards to help with the ganking. Stuns when your team doesn't have much.

Try to have fun

Everspace

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenaBuena View Post
TF is one of the worst solo in th game but you need that mid to farm. level and gank. Just play it as passive as you can. Vamp scepter is bad choice, cause you can't get your health back against good harasser. I now get boots + 3 pots.
I played not much on side lane, but I think its even more dangerous. Any good pair of champs (double stuns) can melt you easily.
Also stark is too slow for the 1st item. Get Sword of the Divine then build damage. Get 2-3 Doran Swords if you feel like dying too fast.
He is a mid tier solo, not fantastic but no poppy, mid is not recommended for the farm but for the early 6, which will allow you to get a gank on one of the side lanes.

I do like boots + pots as it allows you to weave in and out of your horrible range in order to harass, I really don't recommend this for people who can't micro or avoid taking damage. Vamp septer is bad, and a dorians should be taken over that. Shield could be a good choice.

SotD I really think is a poor choice for TF, and is at heart a counter item to people with dodge. It doesn't improve burst or output besides the proc that you already have. Other items will serve you better

TF is magical in the way corki is (not quite), he can do two types of damage making him hard to item against. Grabbing that Bloodrazor is a good idea.

Malady can be good as can the other highbread items.

Sheen is your first item for either AP or AD. There are no if ands or buts. After that you can go into what you want as an end game build.

PaC is the shiz, WC should be ignored if you are not AP. Don't do it. It tickles otherwise.

CaliberK7

02-23-2011

Thnx guys
Does anyone have a specific build (items)which is good for physical dps or magical dps?
Also can someone give me their opinion whether wc or pac is better ?
thnx

Arbitrarity

02-23-2011

I'd go with
boots/3pots > sheen > boots 2 > Stinger (or Fiendish Codex) > Nashor's (consider getting survivability around here) > Rageblade
Then feel free to upgrade to Lichbane, get Malady, etc.

CaliberK7

02-24-2011

Thnx everyone
So these items will help me build my attack speed.
im still looking for a definete build (sorry) however.
i find that im always focused easily is there any tips to avoid that?

O and by the way what do you think of this guide?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ay-to-win-2902

It focuses on dps

-Dorans Blade
-sotd
-Beserker greaves
-Zeal
-infinity edge
-phantom dancer
-yomuumus ghost blade

what do you guys think?
if its ok are there any changes to be made about items?

let me know what you think
Thnx

Everspace

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliberK7 View Post
i find that im always focused easily is there any tips to avoid that?

It focuses on dps

-Dorans Blade
-sotd
-Beserker greaves
-Zeal
-infinity edge
-phantom dancer
-yomuumus ghost blade

what do you guys think?
if its ok are there any changes to be made about items?

let me know what you think
Thnx
Stop going in front, bide your time. Position better. Push some other lane. He is squish and you will be focused if you don't position yourself. POSITION YOURSELF!

There is no such thing as a "definite build". You have way too much ASPD for any DPS build. TF can go lighter on ASPD to hit the cap because E has it's passive. You are wasting allot of cash on those items. What if they have allot of armor? Do you go Cleaver and Youmus to get their medium amount down low or Last whisper because everyone has two thornmails? They h
ve alot of HP and are all stacking Armor? Madrid's/Malady might solve things.

Pick out your core (Which should be sheen because TF has spammy skills, plus it helps with towers which is one of your main jobs) and improve it depending what's going on.