Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are there any real bad champions left?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MostlySilent

02-23-2011

A friend of mine is trying to convince me that some champions are absolutely awful.

I disagree, examples will follow.

Jax, outclassed, awful, absolute garbage that shouldn't be played. I disagree with him and think he is very solid. Apparently I'm an idiot for thinking this.
Fiddlesticks, awful, one of the worst champions in the game, terrible at everything. I also disagree with this, if well played and if your team is half decent Fiddlesticks can do very well.

I'll probably put more up later, anyway, what are your thoughts? Who's right here, are Jax and Fiddlesticks absolutely awful?

(P.S. He thinks Fiddlesticks is "worlds better" then Jax, who is the worst champion in the entire game by far and should never be played."

ByakuyaYO

02-23-2011

There aren't many underpowered classes, but those that are can be brought up to high elo playability by a skilled player.

I think at the moment it's just that which is viable and that which isn't. Some champions need a little buff to be better in competitive, but that's about it.

League blog for those interested: http://riotoflegends.blogspot.com/

Wise Squirrel

02-23-2011

Your friend has not played those champions much has he?

I'd say believe in what you see, learn what the pros are doing, try to imitate. If you are anywhere near decent you will not need other people to tell you if this champ is useless or not.

An example from me, I think twitch is awesome (Solid support/scouting, if the enemy turns out to be idiots I become the carry). Yet everyone says he is obsolete.

SWAGGERJESUS666

02-23-2011

Your friend is clearly ******ed

MostlySilent

02-23-2011

He absolutely insists that Jax is absolute trash, any thoughts on this? (I disagree with him)

Duoshot

02-23-2011

Jax is epic on TT.

Fiddles is fooking amazing. Fooking. Fook.

OMBlah

02-23-2011

Your friend is crazy Fiddlesticks is a boss.
He jungles well. After lvl 6 he easily gets double kills and ruins your lane. Then he continues to bash bash bash.

Jax is really situational. In solo que he usually fails because each team usually has only 1-2 champs that rely on auto attacks to proc his stun. He gets pretty tough to kill while also doing some pretty nice damage too.

I think that there are a few really bad champs but your friend is picking the wrong ones.

Serpentongue

02-23-2011

Fiddles. Wat. 3 second Fear + AOE Silence + Massive AOE damage + ability to jungle effectively is...horrible?

Woblenopsky

02-23-2011

Twitch.
/thread

ShiroTensaki

02-23-2011

Ur friend is a moron. Fiddle is a bit OP in good teams, fear + drain + ulti is ridiculous and a well built jax is anti-melee cuz of dodge.